3 on tree linkage.

heddrik

Well Known Member
I know the steering column is different on 61-62 and 63-64 models, but do the 3 on tree use the same linkage and pivot point bracket on the frame?

heddrik

Well Known Member
Perhaps I wasn't clear. The linkage that goes from column to side of transmission. There is a pivot bracket on the frame. I found a 63 in junkyard, if I can use the linkage and bracket I'll get them. Thanks for your input. The column I believe is different from 61 and 62 to 63 and 64 so I can't use the column.

heddrik

Well Known Member
I think so. This was welded to the frame just below firewall, right? I didn't take a picture as it was raining at the time. The linkage goes right next to it from the column, correct? Thank you.

heddrik

Well Known Member
OK, that sounds right. How does this work on the linkage? Next trip I am going to get all this off the car. It was knee deep in water last time. But it's a 63.

heddrik

Well Known Member
Thank you! What year book is that, 62? I need to dig thru my books in storage and find my 62. I have 61 and 63. I hope this linkage works the same on all years .

heddrik

Well Known Member
Awesome. Thank you. I'm pretty sure the steering column is different from 62 to 63? Wonder if I should just get that too in case someone with a 63 needs one. Thanks again.