3361 carb questions

4onthefloor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I pulled out the old girl today and put plugs in, the correct Z bar that has been on the shelf for@decade and gave her a good once over. Now I am an old fart but for some reason I have my 3804 carb in front and possibly a 3362 in back. Why ? No clue how or why I did this. I have 2 3361 on the shelf so I am going to put the right stuff on. The rear carb has a sloppy shaft that slips on the linkage arm and the idle hangs sometimes. For the life of me I cant remember if the blocked idle ciruit on the 3361 is just factory set and metered or whether there is no idle circuit at all on the front carb. I am going to rebuild one in the next couple days so just want to make sure I clean them out good.

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
What year, is your Chevy? Late in 1963 GM replaced the rear 3362S Carb, with a 3804, for 1964. I don't know why, they did it, though.:dunno

4onthefloor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Well here is the update. I had 2 3361 on the shelf. The car had 2 3804’s on it. I have no idea what the heck I was thinking back then. Finally did the swap. Also found the front carb was opening 1/2 way with the stock progressive. WTF. Been like this 10 years. I have no words for the stupidity.

4onthefloor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Lol. No but that may be where the brain fart came in. One had the choke parts removed and the vac port for it plugged. Im gonna stick with that story.