348-409 alternator mount

pjappraiser

I'm trying to put a 348 in a 1932 Ford highboy roadster.
It looks like the only place to mount an alternator will be a low mount on the drivers side. I contacted Alan Grove Components (913-837-4368) and they have a mount like the factory mount, but no low mount. They did say they were getting a lot of requests for this and if the requests continue they might design one. Does anyone know of an exisitng product that will work? If not, and you too need this product please call Alan Grove and maybe we can get one on the market.

bobs409

Administrator
Have you considered fabbing up something yourself? If there is room, all you need is a good plan and some steel! LOL :D (watch and episode of Monster Garage prior to starting)

If your successful, you could even start selling them yourself. ;)

pjappraiser

Bob,
Thanks for the reply. If necessary I will fab a mount. I'm just hoping that someone out there might be able to save me some time.

29Coupe348

Well Known Member
I have the same problem, but it looks to me that even if there was a low mount, it wouldnt fit. My alternator is mounted like factory, and it hanging out in left field...good thing i dont have fenders or a hood.

pjappraiser

29 Coupe
I've looked at the factory type mount, Alan Grove & Zoops both have one similar, but decided I did not want it hanging out. I'm not planning on hood sides or fenders.
I think it will fit low on mine, my steering box is farther back.
What did you use for headers?

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Low mount.

I think somewhere lurking around this site were some pictures of a Highboy with a 348 or 409 engine. Maybe if we could find some pictures of a roadster with a w engine in it it would help! Also I know some guys who build Highboys or roadsters are mounting the alternators in the rear and driving them off the pinion yoke!:D

29Coupe348

Well Known Member
Yeah, my steering box is up front...My headers are sanderson "limefire" headers.
20620999lg.jpg