Happy Birthday! 348-409. com

bobs409

Administrator
:love1

Technically, the forum had a little hiccup 17 years ago when it still had the new forum smell. (with my help) :D Some of the early members might remember having to re-sign up a few days later! That's because back then, there were no safeguards in place for doing updates. Back then, if you did a forum update and didn't remove an "install.php" file, you wiped everything out and had a fresh board! Of course, it was all new to me at the time so that's what happened! :angry I was sweating bullets! :scared

Our current forum makers have the sense to offer a "full install" or "upgrade" package when updating. You cannot wipe out the members this way.

So... long story short, the forum's birthday is about a week after.

How's that for some nostalgia? :drama

Junky

Well Known Member
:love1

Technically, the forum had a little hiccup 17 years ago when it still had the new forum smell. (with my help) :D Some of the early members might remember having to re-sign up a few days later! That's because back then, there were no safeguards in place for doing updates. Back then, if you did a forum update and didn't remove an "install.php" file, you wiped everything out and had a fresh board! Of course, it was all new to me at the time so that's what happened! :angry I was sweating bullets! :scared

Our current forum makers have the sense to offer a "full install" or "upgrade" package when updating. You cannot wipe out the members this way.

So... long story short, the forum's birthday is about a week after.

How's that for some nostalgia? :drama

Didn't you mean that the real birthday would have been a week earlier that 3/25/2003

Either Way.. Happy 16th... Glad that I found you folks.. Happy birthday Bob

bobs409

Administrator
Didn't you mean that the real birthday would have been a week earlier that 3/25/2003

Either Way.. Happy 16th... Glad that I found you folks.. Happy birthday Bob

No. The domain name was registered on 3/25 so it's birthday was yesterday. The forum would be a week later due to "technical difficulties." :D