348-409 Fall get together ?

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Dynoray, and all others just a thought I had on this place for 2016 ? Dover Reunion, its a nice track and not too far I bet they would let us have are own class

LEBANON VALLEY DRAGWAY website -for lodging And Directions:
http://www.dragway.com
SEPT. 24-25 2016
****$10 General Admission--Sat.
****$15 General Admission -Sun.
*********Current and former military personnel with valid military ID card - FREE (individual only) On SUNDAY at General Admission Gate

*SAT.-Time Trials, Fun & Grudge, test & Tune , 2 GAMBLERS RACES (PRO & Super PRO) -- NETO RACE --& ?...........................Unlimited Time Trials..as many as you want ...up til 8pm.
*SUN - All DOVER ELIMINATORS & short time trail session for late comers -one day entries- NETO RACE- -Time Warp Parade - Powder Puff Race- KING OF THE HILL Elim.
...........................Max Time trials -2...Time Trials 9:30am -12:30pm ...Eliminations at approx-1:00pm following Time Warp Parade

* Gates/Tech open each day-8am...Free Parking & Camping on track property -Friday arrival OK

*SUN SHOW & SWAP Details
>TO KEEP WITH "NOSTALGIA WEEKEND FORMAT "..NO Imports -Tuners -4x4- ONLY PRE-1980!
...OPEN TO ALL Pre-80 Rods -Customs -Street -Machines -Customs -drag only or vintage Bikes ( no late model street )...gates open at 8am. $10.- Car Show Entry with driver...$10.- Passenger

SUN DOVER CARS PARKED TOGETHER- in" Original Dover Cars " Display- FREE to Participate, 4 VIP passes per car-Call me For Details
SUN 2nd annual "DRAG ALLEY" ...Nostalgia Race Car Display. Free To Participate ! 4 VIP passes per car T-shirt & participant decal -call me for details
[/color]RACER INFO:
.....$35. Car & Driver ea. day....$10. Crew/ea. day.-through tech lanes

.....NO pre-entry...Come & Run The Old Skool Way-"Fun Trophy race-the way it was"..with the Dover Crew!
7 ELIMINATORS......."Run What Ya Brung"...ALL CARS IN COMPETITION SUBJECT TO CURRENT NHRA RULES !
...ALL run 'Bracket Style' With desired Dial-in posted on window
...NO ELECTRONICS !.(except-D E-Dover Electronic).
........didn't have 'em then---No Throttle stops...Trans Brakes accepted !...SET ALL DELAY BOXES AT '0" (or tape over)

DN---Dover New-----1974 and up...NO BOX ! (Will be policed)
DV---Dover Vintage 1973 and earlier-NO BOX and will be Policed*....Look for the 'Pre-73" cars to be split into two groups with the faster cars 11:99 and Quicker into the "new" . . .
DM----DOVER MODIFIED Elim. Doesn't cut out runs, But cuts down the rounds a 'little'-not much -for each group.
D4---Dover 4-Speed- All 4-Speed cars...Rods Too!
DC---DOVER COMP- NO BOX & will be policed.THE PLACE for all the Pre 73 full body Modifed Production types and all the Gassers-Altereds and rail Dragsters, Altered Wheelbase 'A/FX', All Supercharged( A True 'Nostalgia' Elim.)
D E ---DOVER ELECTRONIC///only elim.Delay Boxes Allowed!
Dover Bike -Remains the same -Race Bikes ONLY ....no street .

Casey-Feola Memorial KING Of The HILL Trophy ...5 no box car Elim. winners battle it out
Power Puff Race ...just for the ladies -Jacket to winner

RODDERS!........................."Street Rods" Welcome ! if NHRA legal-find your 'Slot" >4-Speed/Comp /Vintage
DOVER ELIMINATOR WINNERS Recieve Big Trophy AND Elinimator Winner JACKET !
BIG Trophys For WIN & Runner Up In Each Elim Bracket
All Competitors Get "Competitor" DECAL
*Special Dover Trophies for .
TOP SPEED - OLDEST RUNNING DOVER ORIGINAL - LONG DISTANCE - CLUB /Team Participation...AND Surprise Awards!
SPECIAL INTEREST Nostalgia Cars for exhibition runs/burn-outs -match racing or 'Cackle Cars' ...Fuelers ,Altereds,Gassers & Funny Cars contact ME for details .

EVENT 'HOTLINE" 910-997-4444 or dino@doverdragstrip.com or message me on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/dover.dragstrip/

Last edited:

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
file.php

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
EAST COAST GASSERS RETURN!
by DINO » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:13 am
Just Talked to David...Pres.at ECG. Seems He & his wife Karen have decided to do it one more year.That kills the Rumors that they were quitting. The whole gang is coming back with Points races Both Days and double points on Sunday.They have voted NOT to attend Beaver Springs that Sat. And with no Epping Hot Rod Reunion...Should be a full field each day!.
Attachments
file.php

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I would enjoy coming up as spectator as no need to bring either car from reading the info. Could be a big event. Too bad not a grouping for us like we had at Mason Dixon.
Robert

randy k

We went to the dover nostalgia race this year (2015) at Lebanon valley. Had a good time, lots of cars, a lot of hotels in the area, and it's a nice track, with good traction. There's an oval track next to the strip that has a race sat. night. You can go there after the drags. Also they has a big car show on one of the days, Sat. or Sun.

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
I would enjoy coming up as spectator as no need to bring either car from reading the info. Could be a big event. Too bad not a grouping for us like we had at Mason Dixon.
Robert

That gathering that Al put together sure was a nice event to let it go by the wayside. That was probably the bigest and best first time event we have done and i thought the promoter wanted us back. Wish we would that again

Mark Steele

Well Known Member
Alloy,
There sure are a lot of us behind you for another great M-D event, hopefully in July after the Bowling Green event in June.
Mark Steele

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
From there site

To Clarify....With all the popularity of Nostalgia Racing on the east coast ...Tracks running Old Time Days...Nostalgia Shows...It's really increased from our old days at Island and even recent years.Track operators have -DuH...finally discovered the fans would rather see Kool old Nostalgia stuff,instead of trendy imports- and other "shows" .This has generated new 'booking agents' that get these Funny Car owners on their program....and a lot more dates are available to these guys. They now fall into three catagories ...1- the slower injected Alky cars...2-the faster Blown Alky cars , 3-then the Top of the line and very expensive Nitro Cars.And there's some that fall in between with odd ball configurations. One 'series' restricts their group to 7:0 or slower with lower cost to track ..but the cars run around 160 .Said all that to say this...In the previous years...Bob Sweatland ( Lil Misbehavior) has graciously gathered a our yearly group of funny cars to come ...party -picnic and use the weekend for kinda test 'n' tune' At No cost...Great for us ...but not good for the guys that NOW , have plenty more paying opportunity's to run at all the new events . I thoroughly agree with the Racers going were they have guaranteed show money ,if they have the choice. You All know I beat the bushes each year to finance ,through sponsors, all the expenses to put this thing on.It Grows every year with New Features ($)& like everything else , costs go up. Case In point...OUR Sept. Weekend .Same weekend ... New England Dragway running 7:0 series and Pro Comp ....Atco running "Funny Car Frenzy"' ...and Pittsburgh running like a 6 car Funny car show.. And I expect more to be announced.....you'de think being the 'end ' of the season ...we'd be looking good.So- Too many events ...not enough cars to go around OR already booked. WHAT TO DO.? I made the Decision (On Faith) that working with Lebanon and some other individuals ( call them sponsors-backers) ...I would lock early A Real dynamite Headlining Match Race that would generate increased spectaors and 'pay for itself'. If I didn't do that...we might have nothing .THIS FOLLOWS the Tradition of all those Great Match Races ,Chet & Joe would book into Dover. Just remember all the big names that we had. Most are all gone. So I searched and did the research with about three weeks of calls & contacts to get a 'deal' on these two super showmen to give us a Match Race to remember....Some of our old Funny car buddies are already booked or committed to other events...THIS EARLY...amazing..Some are running points series same day,they can't get out of....but Bob and I are working on New cars-ideas and 'fresh' stuff to bring in other cars too. He'll have his newly painted Corvette with Bobbie Leigh at the wheel and I have awaiting reply's more to add to the field. I have three objectives with our Race 1 - make it better each year..I think Iv''e done that....2- Make it Fun and memorable...We get no complaints, just compliments. 3- Keep the track satisfied as to allow us to return....with this I think we'll up the gate and Howie will be happy. Best thing I and we all can do is get the word out and pack the place. OLD Dover Cars & Drivers have to be found & informed...the general Public Needs to know...I'm on the case with new publicity...and with no Hot Rod Reunion at Epping this year...things are in our favor.Already Some saying our event becoming the "premier" Nostalgia event in the Northeast.

Mark Steele

Well Known Member
For right now, put me in as a maybe. If we can get more of the 409 group to come, then I will be in for sure. Mark

409envy

Well Known Member
I will be there... Lebanon is my home track since there are none in Connecticut. Look forward to seeing a good turnout.

Mark Steele

Well Known Member
Brian, how are things looking for this event?
Are many 409's going to participate?
If there is a good group going, so am I.
Regards, Mark

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Anyone else ?

BSL409
Randy Kirker
Paul & Caroline Galvin 409 front engine rail
Silent Sam