348-409 Fall Nationals

bluescreamer

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
348-409 Fall National

Tom O

Reading the rules on your Vamp racing series, indicated that you need mufflers, no open headers, and had to be licensed, to run in the vamp series. Would you allow the 348-409's run with your group If we didn't need your rules.

Does KIRC have a noise rule for any of the days that we will be at the track.

Allen
Blue Screamer

Brent M - VAMP

No Mufflers

Allen,
We are going to allow open exhaust and not require license plates for the
348-409 cars that want to run with the Vamp cars. We are excited about
seeing the 348-409 cars go down the track! There's not a sound ordinance
for KCIR, only a 10:00pm curfew. We will be finished well before 10:00pm.
Phil has put together a wonderful program that provides a banquet,
special guest speakers, and other surprise events. I'm not sure when, or
even if another 348-409 event may be brought together like this one.
I hope everybody is able to make this event, I'm looking forward to meeteing
everyone and to see the the Blue Screamer, the Jenkins car, the Alan Green
car, DQ, and others make a pass down the 1,320.

Can't wait to here the Z-11's come to life after the national anthem!!

Brent

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I for one am looking forward to the pro-tree !!
I have never launched with one but believe they are easier they the amber, amber, amber, green lights.

Practicing with a pro-tree I get better reaction times as you don`t get distracted by the first two ambers.
Just let her fly when the first and only ambers lights !!!!!

Brent, What is tha altitude at the track ? ,,,,,,, dq

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
BlueScreamer

Allen, am I thinking that you might make it to Kansas City??????? I sure hope so. Sure do want to see that car run, again. Missed seeing you run at Indy.

Fred

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Major Announcement!!!!!!!

IT'S GOING TO BE UNBELIVEABLE!!!!!!

I just received a call this morning from Jerry Walsh. We already knew both of his cars will be here. But....he has been quietly trying to get some other cars to show up. He talked with Carl last night and...................................

THE TWO WULLY BULLY CARS WILL BE HERE TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :cheers :cheers :cheers I'm sooo excited now......I think I will go too!!!!!!

We are going to have a field of race cars THAT HAVE NEVER BEEN TOGETHER LIKE THIS BEFORE......EVER!!!!!! We are going to have more cars here than they did in 1962!!!!!!

Now...Allen....Bluescreamer...can we count you in???? Do I need Denny Ford to call you???!!! Do I need Jerry Walsh to call you???

Later......................

Phil

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Wully Bully cars

Man am I glad to hear that. Steve and Carl are two of the best people you will ever meet. Allen, too. This is just great. No, just GREAT. Come on, Allen, got to see you here, too.
Phil, the lettering is in progress. Just took the pictures to the guy. He is excited about doing it, too. Boy, if I just had time to get this car to run like that one, I'd have it made. Can't compete with the Wully Bully guys, or Allen, but I could make a better showing. Gonna try my best to get it purring. Is Jacobson going to run his car? Maybe we could get a 39 year rerun for the race in California at Lion's!!!!
Let's see, from January of 65 to September of 2004. Long time to wait! Still think the win light was wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :brow
What a show this is going to be. WOW.
Now, Phil, about this flagman. Let's talk. Trees are for shade. Not racing. Ask Hayden. Hayden taught us to study the flagman. His moves, etc. You can't study a TREE. :roll Brent, you reading this?????????????????

Fred

And, Aubrey, I AM OLD.

TomO

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just fell out of my chair. I had better start getting my tee shirt money in order.

Tom O

TomO

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
altitude at the track

DQ - The altitude at KCIR is some where between 900-1000 ft.

TomO

bluescreamer

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Blue Screamer

Fred and Phil

Yes, I will be there. :) I'm happy to see that Carl and Steve have decided to go. :clap
Fred the pro tree is OK, you shouldn't red light. You'll get the hang of it. :D
Allen
Blue Screamer aka; Z-11 top motor

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
The Good News Just Keeps Comin'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fantastic Allen!!!!! :clap :clap You are going to make alot of people happy that you will be here!!! Can we get too many............DON'T THINK SO!!!!!!

I got more good news this afternoon..............and I can't say except..........I received confirmation that, barring any last minute hiccups, we will have something here on Friday that none of you have ever seen!!!!!! If you live around Kansas City, you MAY have seen it. It is the most amazing "thing" that you will ever see!! Even the good Dr. Torbeck has been out-done on this one!!! :roll :roll I really am going to try to keep this a secret. As if we don't have enough going on...there are many cars and people to see that justifies the cost of the trip but this would do it all by itself too!!!! Where's Roy??? Tripower Guy...........you and just about everybody else will need some Depends!!! :beerbang :bow :cheers I like unusual stuff.....and boy, does this take the cake!!!! Bring an extra roll of film for this because nobody back home will believe you without the pictures!!!!!

tee hee!!!

I HAVE to Be There !

This is getting out of hand, Phil :eek: ! I REALLY need to be there, and it looks like a few unexpected sales to some good customers/friends are going to allow me to make it !
With the exception of replacing the front springs this weekend ( to lower the front end ), and getting this McLeod Soft Loc clutch adjusted, my car is all done ! No, it's no where NEAR what the restored cars are going to be like. Nor is it going to be real fast... but what the hey :dunno ... It's pretty good, considering my budget :D .

Here's a picture of my car as you will see it in Kansas ( except the front end will be down about 1 1/2 inches ) :

348NUT

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Na Na Na Na Na Na

I think I know what Phil's talking about! Sounds very interesting :scratch
But you know I like things a little out of the ordinary! Secrets safe with me Phil. ;) Of course there is the possibility I have no idea what I'm talking about. :? I'll be there to find out, WILL YOU? NUT

348NUT

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Don't give in to his rantings Phil!

It's a little unusual and it has to do with W engines, What more do you want? :dunno Anyway, I probably don't even know what it is. :rolleyes:
It's only 3 weeks dq. A Little impatient are we? :roll

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Impatient Hell !!! I`m loooosing it !!!

I need to have the frame on the Blazer tweeked a bit and the frame shop keeps putting me off.
Two weeks ago he said it would be last week. Last week he said he had two other vehicles from an account come in and had to push me back. WHAT? Their money is better then mine?
Could go somewhere else but he`s the best !

After that I have to install the air bags, hitch,tuneup and change all the fluids.

AND have to get it all done so I can move out of my garage before I leave,,,

On top of that,,, I`m still waiting for the next round of money that was to be cut last week !! Can`t buy any of the parts til then !!

Annnnd,,, have to have the upstairs ready for the floor guy before I leave !!

Patients ??????? ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,They`re all in hospitals !!!! :bang

Remember months ago when we all thought it (convention) was a long way off ??? :eek:

OK,,, I`m better now :doh ,,,dq

bluescreamer

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
dq
I took note that you will be installing a hitch on the blazer. Hope it is a class 3 receiver.
Remembered seeing a class 1 hitch on the truck when you posted pictures.
Are you goning to use a sway bar hitch? I would recommend it. Had a 1985 K-5
Blazer. Had my hands full towing the "Screamer" The blazer was too short and the car
and trailer would take control of the truck. Been their done it! :eek:
"TAIL wagging the DOG"
Allen

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Yeah,,, I`ve heard that before ! Got a great trailer with four wheel brakes that can control the dog and his tail.
Wish me luck !!! ,,dq Hitch

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
my plan was to show up at the dragstrip with my red 09 car. but so far, it appears i might be sent on business to ft. leonard wood instead. i really dont wanna miss the drags, so i might be able to swing a day at the kcir after all. if i can make it, i will have 2 robot cars with me. NO, we cant race 'em.