348/409 Indiana Race July 10th-12th 2020

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
If there is a will, there is a way. I was planning on having my dad take the Wagon to Indiana and I would drive out or have a buddy fly me out Saturday night and be ready to lay rubber Sunday. Problem being the road coarse by Omaha happens to have a drag strip on site too so now my wagon is going to be racing at the i29 dragway Friday night and Saturday night as well after she gets to drive her Lambo during the day. They are going to pay me to take video of the super cars for marketing purposes. Should be fun! I'll miss you guys but Ohio at the end of July will make up for it!

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
This is the official Indiana race thread. This event runs three days and is in conjunction with the Area 41 Nostalgia Drags. This will be the 3rd year for the nostalgia event and it has grown every year. Last year had over 150 cars. Let’s make this event even better by by having a good turnout of 348/409 powered cars!
Who: Any pre 1970 348/409 car.
Where: US 41 Motorplex
Morocco Indiana
When: July 10th-12th
10th 9:00 am to 11:00 pm
11th 9:00 am to 11:00 pm
12th 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Schedule: The 10th and 11th is open
test and tune and grudge
racing. Line them up and
let ‘em eat! This is a very
well prepped track!
The 12th is a 348/409
bracket race.
The Pits: We will be parked together on
the asphalt. Non racers will
allowed to pit with the racers
as long as you have a pre
1970 “W” powered car.
Cost: Racers are $50 and includes one
crew member for the weekend.
General admission is $10 a day.
No additional charge to park with
racers in your “W” powered ride.
Camping: Free but no hook ups.

Please let me know of any concerns and if you plan to attend.

1 Dan Hradisky “The Home Wrecker” 63 Bel Air
2 Scott Hall 62 Impala
3 Brian Lambert "Heaven or Hell" altered (tentative)
Count us in... finally an event that doesn’t get scheduled the same time as a UMTR race...lol... now if I can only figure out a way to be at Dragway 42 and Thompson on the same day...:doh

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
So who is in the caravan so I can add them to the list? As for Rock n Race, I will commit to be there. Just hope this is a good spring so I have the Hamiltons. Thanks for switching venues. It is very much appreciated. That was one concern with this date. That and it is also the weekend of the nhra national event in Joliet IL. There was just no other dates that would of worked. You won't be disappointed. It is a very well prepped track with friendly staff. 5/8 mile of shut down area, concrete walls, and track is open till 11 pm. Tons of time to make runs.

Mark Steele

Well Known Member
If I can handle you my friend, then I can handle "Grumpy" people. Remember Ray, you were my very first contact and 409 friend when I first started racing. Remember I asked you where Thompson was and what I was supposed to do when I arrived? I heard from good sources that when i pulled into the pits, the guys said, "who the hell is that guy"? I brought my whole family with Steele racing shirts on. That was a good time and I've been racing now for the last 10 years.
You sure Mark? Gonna be some "Grumpy" people there.
[/B]