348/409 Induction

427John

Well Known Member
I believe it is,offy used to offer their chevy low rise dual quads with Q-jet pattern as optional,I don't know if they still do,there was someone advertising a bunch of old NOS offy manifolds a while back cleaning out an old speed shop or warehouse,something like that,anyway they had a bunch of those Q-jet dual quads for sbc,bbc,and they had some for the small port W also,I've even seen 1 for a Ford FE.If I remember correctly you had to use a certain style of Q-jet with the right fuel inlet.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Yep, I have an advertisement somewhere on that spread bore piece. Probably the rarest piece is a cast tunnel ram. I've been trying to get my hands on one because I want to design a new one but it would be nice to see in person to know how Weiand designed the original.Weiand Tunnel Ram.jpg

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Horrible, horrible manifolds. :thumbdown
They have the same base design as the square bore carb dual quads. What was it about them that made them bad? I had one last year but sold it off before I was able to bolt it on anything and see for myself.

Reactions: Tim

427John

Well Known Member
The offy low rise dual quad wasn't much of a performance intake it made too many compromises to ensure it would fit under the hood of as many engine swaps as possible,which I believe was its target market.I'm sure there are a few guys on here that remember the 70's and 80's when dual quads on the street was more of a status symbol or bragging point than anything else.While a big pro stock style hood scoop could accommodate something good underneath,you were just as likely to see one of those on top of a nearly stock engine bay.Those were some funny days.

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I’ve been looking for options for my 409 build, I saw Hilborn has a electronic fuel injection for the 348 409 platform. This intake is actually Spect for a 509 w motor. @ 7,795 for a complete bolt on system with computer and everything you need to run it. Fuel pump lines etc. definitely looks old school. :scratch:cool: Kind of surprised that Carl (ChevyTaylor) doesn’t have one yet. Has anyone mentioned to him that his master cylinder is on the wrong side of the engine compartment?:D

BB91B1C1-4813-433D-9CFC-27344B72E20A.jpegED985216-5F6B-457E-A9BF-9BB21DB62F08.jpeg3FC3EBC2-EB80-416B-933E-C02A77AF1110.jpeg

Last edited:

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Phil am I back on your Christmas card and your GIFT list yet? Trying to make a deal on a G Force first. Talked to him for at least an hour about it, And I need to get my 348 shot truck motor running first. When I was younger it was collecting money that was always the problem and savings, when you get older it’s always waiting on somebody else!:wacko:doh:facepalm Electronic fuel injection man that’s got to be awesome!

Last edited: