348/409 Induction

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
No he is putting in a computer system to check on his air to fuel ratio. And I was reading the directions trying to explain what a data logger is, and thumb drive, and a USB input and output ports of his data logger. And how he had to go on the Internet and download the website so he could run his program and see what’s going on. I think I’m gonna have to go back and help him some more.:wacko:tongue It’s cool stuff though and it will be very handy. He did take me to lunch in his standard service station truck. Pretty cool. It was beautiful there and I was there for about 12 hours. Loved every minute of it and helped him get his headers bolted on. New stahl, He has been running it a little lean as you know and burnt a hole through a couple of his header tubes.:confused Big fire coming out holes! Straight up the fuel regulator!:hide

Geary Trussell

Well Known Member
Some people ask for more photo's and some details of my efi intake. 15 years ago when I started working on this idea of a efi ramjet style intake there was not anybody or few that had attempted to do this on w motor. I basically used Chevrolet 350 ramjet components and throttle body with 28 lb injectors and a Holley HP computer. I tried to make it as close as I could to resemble a Rochester fi and even adapted an original 59 fi air cleaner. I attached a couple more pictures ask requested.

Attachments

• IMG_0249.JPG
    IMG_0249.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0656.JPG
    IMG_0656.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 76

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Some people ask for more photo's and some details of my efi intake. 15 years ago when I started working on this idea of a efi ramjet style intake there was not anybody or few that had attempted to do this on w motor. I basically used Chevrolet 350 ramjet components and throttle body with 28 lb injectors and a Holley HP computer. I tried to make it as close as I could to resemble a Rochester fi and even adapted an original 59 fi air cleaner. I attached a couple more pictures ask requested.
I’m sure I’ve seen some of the photos of your car before ....was it in a major publication of some brand name .....??....but I can’t remember........ beautiful work

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I had to change to the LW valve covers because when i changed the valve springs i realized the LW pedistal rocker setup didn’t have the clearance they needed and were to close to the retainers.So i pulled em of and put a set of Harland Sharps and screw in studs i had on. Then i realized when we did the pedistal thing we had to drill the pushrod guide holes out to .500 per LW instructions. Then that nesitated the install of a set of McQuillen guide plates. So now with the cam thats in it i decide its time to put my LW stud gurdle on. Now the valve covers won’t fit. So out come the LW valve covers i had kept when i sold the last motor with the Hogan intake but with a gas Dominator to my friend Roger. A4DD440C-D4CD-44E7-9E8A-28F69F321F35.jpeg

Last edited:

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
E3B7F12B-CE8C-4330-8C5D-D44059F4A8A8.jpegE7319C17-F2EB-47D8-89FD-968FA3ED9F26.jpeg
This induction is not 409 it’s just different than you see on Mickey Thompson cross rams..... More of a representation closer to the stock factory air cleaner set up for the 302 motors......Where those Offenhauser’s......????

Last edited: