348-409 members, stop by my new site and post your cars.

Mangus

Hey folks,

I have developed my own 58-64 Chevrolet web site. Stop on by.
The link is
http://peakelements.binary.net/MangusChevroletSite/MangusChevroletSite/Main.fcgi

Features of the site include:

Member Cars area: This is a database driven part of the site where everyone can post their car's digital pictures and story. You can even upload a movie clip if you wish.
Because it is database driven, all cars are searchable by year, model, style, engine details, color and other fields.
Looking for all of the 62 biscayne two door sedans on the site? No problem. A quick search pulls up only the cars you are looking for.

I developed this in this manner because I remember looking for pictures of four door sport sedan 62 impalas. After combing many, many pages of cars, I gave up. No more, if you are looking for a Yeoman wagon and my site has one posted, it will be easy to find.

Member Restorations area: (NOT COMPLETED YET)
Basically the same as above, only members will be able to add digital pictures and stories daily as their restoration of their beloved chev progresses.

Deltas area: (NOT COMPLETED YET)
I'll cover the obscure differences between model years, and styles here. For instance, how the cast iron powerglide was offered only behind 283s (for v8s) in the 62 model year. I haven't verified this for sure, but I have heard it thru a few sources. These kind of facts are the ones I want to document in this section.

History area: (NOT COMPLETED YET)

Chevy history, I will try not to repeat what has been repeated.

Statistics area: (NOT COMPLETED YET)

Chevy statistics, I will try not to repeat what has been repeated.

Check it out folks, and post your car in the Member Cars area if you get a chance.

Instructions for posting your car:

1) Click on Member Cars
2) On the top left, click on Submit Your Car
3) You will be prompted to login. Click on Create Account to create your MCS account. I don't gather much info.
4) Once you create your account you will be automatically transfered to the Submit Your Car page.
5) Fill out the form, following the instructions on the screen. Click Preview to see what your post will look like.
Click Finalize when your satisfied.

Enjoy.

Please post only high quality, good looking digital pictures of your car. Try to keep the width of the image around 640 pixels if you can.
I want to build up a big database of our cars for everyone to enjoy.
If I am missing models, styles, whatever let me know.

Email me if you need assistance.

Take care
Mangus

J & J

Well Known Member
re site

Mangus, Nice site, but you left out the El Camino in your listings, so how will I ever post my car?? let me know when you add the Elky, then I will show you my junk in progess.

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Nice site !! Well done !!
I`ll add mine when I get a chance,,,,,,,

Mangus

Re:
Mangus, Nice site, but you left out the El Camino in your listings, so how will I ever post my car?? let me know when you add the Elky, then I will show you my junk in progess.

Thanks for the comments. El Camino has been added. Looking forward to seeing your car.

Mangus

36master

the first 58 on site

hey mangus, a great site,had to add my 58 on site. thanks and keep up the good work. bobby:cheers

36master

sorry the second 58

sorry about thinking i was the first 58.had to click on index to find the other 58.:cheers

bobs409

Administrator
Mangus,

I just got a look at your new site and it's looking great! I would like to thank you for mentioning our little spot on the net and for adding us to your link page. In return, I would like to add your site to our links page.

If this interests you, please send me an e-mail bob@348-409.com or simply post a reply here with the following info:

*URL
*Site name
*Brief description (a sentence or three. Description is optional but recommended)

Thanks,

Bob

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Yea I was thumbing through it and then seen Bob's 2003 comment, of course that was after I tried to go there :scratch