348-409 NATIONAL CONVENTION NO. 2

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Great John. Glad you are coming. A lot of guys want to meet you and see your car.

Last edited:

62impala409

Supporting Member 1
Just got my reservation at the Angus Inn Best Western. Look forward to seeing everyone there.
The Angus must have come up more rooms than the initial 50 room block that Phil had reserved. Those 50 rooms were gone at 7:30 this morning. GOOD NEWS, The more the merrier. Leo

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Just got off the phone with the Angus. I thought they were full, but I'm in. They still have some rooms left.....better hurry.

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I mentioned we were having a swap meet...............imagine Cecil is bringing a trunk load full of goodies!!!!

Point Taken Phil.
Is he going to drop them off at your shop for storage before the event?:idea

Can you tow a covered in trailer with a Plane:crazy

Steve

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Point Taken Phil.
Is he going to drop them off at your shop for storage before the event?:idea

Can you tow a covered in trailer with a Plane:crazy

Steve

From what I saw of Cecil's collection it would be a 53' trailer...........................:dance:crazy

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I thought about flying in but the airshow would probably kill that idea. Besides, I would have to rent a car to get around and that's not very likely either with all the events.

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Booked a room at the Angas, :dance:dance

I will be there with my youngest son. Looking forward to a great event, swap meet mmmmm, better bring some cash. :think

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Way to go Grub!!!!! We are all looking forward to meeting you!!!! Grub...you have the same invitation as I extended to Steve.....if you are around the Kansas City area. ...you have a place to stay with us!!!!

Last edited:

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I thought about flying in but the airshow would probably kill that idea. Besides, I would have to rent a car to get around and that's not very likely either with all the events.

Fair point Cecil, I hadnt thought about those two issues.
It will be great to meet you, would love to have seen your shed but that may not happen on this trip, unless you bring it with you that is:idea

Steve

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The 2014 Convention will be just like the 2004 Convention except.................it will be totally DIFFERENT!!!!!! 2004 was held in a motel parking lot and the car show at the KCI Expo Center. Everything was in a totally controlled environment. 2014 will be held at a race track for all 3 days. This is because of the success of the Blue Swede Cruise in Norwalk, Thompson, OH and the California get together. But in Great Bend we will not have the space to have us all on one place. But I'm trying real hard to make this event just as successful as the first one.

Enjoy!!!!

Phil, Is there anyway we could post a map of the facility so we can see what areas we are going to be able to park? I went to the Great Bend website but could not find any maps of the facility. http://www.srcadragstrip.com/

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Go to Google Earth and type in Great Bend. The track is just 2 miles west of the city on the south side of the highway. Dick sent me a picture but I'd don't know how to post it!! Maybe Problem #4!!!!!!!!!!

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Go to Google Earth and type in Great Bend. The track is just 2 miles west of the city on the south side of the highway. Dick sent me a picture but I'd don't know how to post it!! Maybe Problem #4!!!!!!!!!!
I did that but it didn't show it very good. I tried the map as well but it just showed the roads and the point where the race track was no detailed drawing showing pits, race track, start/finish, gates, bathrooms. Just thought it would be good to get a layout so we could plan.
https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf...773&ei=YGDUUpOXJov9oATn94DQDA&ved=0CH8Q_BIwCg

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
From your map...scroll to the left and up. West Barton County Road is the highway...G Avenue is the street into the track and B-29 Way is the drag strip!!!!! As you pull onto the property...to your left (west) is the camper parking. the runway on the south side is all pit parking for the racers. We should have plenty of room!!

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Great Brian..........glad you're coming!! We'll do everything to cheer you up!!!!
Brian is the one who said the 2004 Convention was the most fun he's ever had with his pants on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!