348-409 NATIONAL CONVENTION NO. 2

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
I had never been down the 1/4 mile until Great Bend, and neither had the car. I was very happy with the results. We were having problems hooking up and had to leave at 2500 rpm or it would just spin. And to do all this around the best group of guys and gals was truly priceless. Many people came to my aid that weekend, and I really appreciate it.

BRYAN FUGATE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Yes you will easily be in the 11's if run back here my car was 4/10's slower at great bend. Awesome runs for the first time out!

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I liked Brian's conversation with the track official on his final pass. Brain said he,was going for it out the back door just for the time slip....:cheers Neat car...

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Ok, I found a down side to attending the convention.......what the hell kinda bugs was that out there???? I've scrubbed the front of my truck & trailer to no avail. :furious
It's your fault Phil.....so, you need to change your plans about coming east to see Hayden inducted into the hall of fame and while you are here you can clean my truck & trailer. :D

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Last night I sprayed the front of my pickup with Bugs-be-gone, let it soak for a while, then ran it through the automatic car wash. Looks like the bugs are still all there.

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Came off the MH good but not the windshield. Scrubbed it twice and still not good !! Glad to hear I'm not the only one.

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Waxed my truck & Rain-X on the windshield before the trip. Went to the car wash and everything is clear.
From my 2500 miles.
Dave

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
I've got Kansas-style bugs all over both cars and the tow vehicle :). Haven't cleaned any of them off as yet.
Went through a little dinky gas station somewhere in eastern KS and there had to be a few jillion flying moths, hard to stand outside and pump gas while getting attacked. Had to be the bright overhead lights that attract the bugs. I saw one praying mantis on one of the pumps, he's got his work cut out for him!
Best,
TomK

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I saw some bug's or grasshoppers stuck on a few radiators, I didn't know wheather to be sorry for the BUG, or the Radiator....
:crazy

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Waxed my truck & Rain-X on the windshield before the trip. Went to the car wash and everything is clear.
From my 2500 miles.
Dave
I did the exact same thing on both my truck and trailer an they washed right off but I had my golf cart in the back of my pickup and the bugs splattered on the underside of the top were a bit of a challenge to scrub off.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I am LAZY.

Brian

Your car ran well at Gb, what kind of 60' times were you getting?

Also if anyone sends a donation to the strip the 455 W. Barton County Road address will be returned due to no mail receptacle.

Send t0:
Sunflower Rod & Custom Assn. Great Bend
Box 1362
Great Bend, KS 67530

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
I got a couple 1.7 and I think a 1.6 but I would have to check the slips on the 1.6 to be sure. I was bummed to see you break on the line. Your car really seemed strong. I guess Jack CAN build a good motor.:cool: