348-409 NATIONAL CONVENTION NO. 2

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Brian

Your car ran well at Gb, what kind of 60' times were you getting?

Also if anyone sends a donation to the strip the 455 W. Barton County Road address will be returned due to no mail receptacle.

Send t0:
Sunflower Rod & Custom Assn. Great Bend
Box 1362
Great Bend, KS 67530
Damn Dave, now you tell me. Mailed mine to the track address on Monday. :doh Guess I'll be re-mailing maybe next Monday!! :rub

Thanks,

Lonnie

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Phil,
At the Sunday brunch you mentioned the number of cars present for each year 1958-1965 also the number of registrations. Could you please post those results here for us? Just curious.
Thanks Dan

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Pat's new racecar looks amazing. Did he make any passes with it?
Thanks for the kind words. Only one partial pass. Seems we bent the clutch pedal bracket assembly!!! I have never seen this before. Actually when we returned home we found out the firewall was also bent!! We had to put in a hydraulic throw out bearing and clutch master cylinder because the headers were 2 1/2 inch diameter and blocked where the clutch cross shaft went from frame to the engine. As a result the pressure to depress the dual disc clutch caused the clutch master cylinder to twist!! This would not release the clutch, thus not being able,to shift. We just got the fix in place and hopefully will have some results soon.
We are excited to see how it will perform since it is an aluminum block with an original pair of 63 Z-11 cast iron heads making 755HP. Can't wait, but will have to.
More later, thanks.

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Hey Phil,
Is there any way I can contribute from the other side of the planet.
A check or cheque depending what form of English we are talking from new zealand won't be honored over and to have a bank cheque made out for say $50 usd would cost around $90 usd :doh

Is there a way to paypal even as a gift with me paying the fees is a lot cheaper for me

Steve

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Hey Phil,
Is there any way I can contribute from the other side of the planet.
A check or cheque depending what form of English we are talking from new zealand won't be honored over and to have a bank cheque made out for say $50 usd would cost around $90 usd :doh

Is there a way to paypal even as a gift with me paying the fees is a lot cheaper for me

Steve
Just send me cash, I'll make sure it get's to the right people.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Sorry Steve.......your money isn't any good over here!!!!! Oh wait.........you left me your credit card number.......remember??????

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Well,
I guess all good things come to an end.
We are sitting in LAX waiting on our flight to NZ 11 (tripower will know what this is about)
It has been a real fun ride and I'm pretty sad heading home after meeting so many of you guys at the convention and wanting to spend more time here.
We have a 14 year old daughter that we are missing like crazy and she is the same towards us (it will change when she gets told to clean her room tomorrow):D
Missing my dog as well... He is my companion in the shed and hunting as well.
No looking forward to work on Monday but I guess I will have to pay for a manual transmission and all the gear some how;)
Then there is the 409 crank, posi rear, BBC rods, and a whole bunch of stuff from Phils shop.
You guys and your manual cars have turned me:cheers

Can't wait to get onto the 61 just got to finish a restoration on a 38 beer, bear, bare barrel Ford pickup truck finished, house alterations to keep the financial advisor happy then we're into it.

Have got a bunch of stuff being sent to NZ from LA but it won't leave here till next month and then it will take 8 weeks so my Christmas will be later on this time.

Will post more of our trip after the convention soon.

Keep safe ya'll (learned that one over here, hair, hear, hare (they all sound the same to me))

Steve, Lynette, Colin and Carol Evans

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Hey Phil,
"THE ROYALS WON GAME 4"

I guess you and Candy will be celebrating eh (just thought I would speak Canadian)

Will give you a call when we are at home

Steve

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
S
Well,
We are sitting in LAX waiting on our flight to NZ 11 (tripower will know what this is about)
It has been a real fun ride and I'm pretty sad heading home after meeting so many of you guys at the convention and wanting to spend more time here.
We have a 14 year old daughter that we are missing like crazy and she is the same towards us (it will change when she gets told to clean her room tomorrow):D
No looking forward to work on Monday but I guess I will have to pay for a manual transmission and all the gear some how;)
Then there is the 409 crank, posi rear, BBC rods, and a whole bunch of stuff from Phils shop.

Can't wait to get onto the 61 just got to finish a restoration on a 38 beer, bear, bare barrel Ford pickup truck finished, house alterations to keep the financial advisor happy then we're into it.

Have got a bunch of stuff being sent to NZ from LA but it won't leave here till next month and then it will take 8 weeks so my Christmas will be later on this time.

Keep safe ya'll (learned that one over here, hair, hear, hare (they all sound the same to me))

Steve & Company,
You guys have had one hell of a trip. I am so glad I got to meet you and your family. Now get back to work so you can pay for all those parts Phil sold you. Have a safe trip home.

While in Great Bend Steve and I were visiting and the BS was flying so I strated a bit of roomer. Anyone ever heard of the Z11 package in NZ? It was availabe In New Zealand but refered to as the NZ11 and was only available in 4-door as we're all cars shipped to NZ from the states...:think
So from here on out I refer to Steve as NZ11...:cheers Aye mate.

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Well,

Hey Steve, I know exactly the feeling you are going through and its a real bummer alright. Look forward to the stories about everyone when you get home, safe travels and see you soon.

Gav

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
He
S

Steve & Company,
You guys have had one hell of a trip. I am so glad I got to meet you and your family. Now get back to work so you can pay for all those parts Phil sold you. Have a safe trip home.

While in Great Bend Steve and I were visiting and the BS was flying so I strated a bit of roomer. Anyone ever heard of the Z11 package in NZ? It was availabe In New Zealand but refered to as the NZ11 and was only available in 4-door as we're all cars shipped to NZ from the states...:think
So from here on out I refer to Steve as NZ11...:cheers Aye mate.
Dan,
Thought you were starting to talk about yacthing and the America's cup and our NZL boats :laugh, then again i can't see any yachting talk within Steve's dictionary.

Gav