348/409 Owner in New York City area, Needs Help DESPERATELY !

I was trying to contact Ronnie Evans, but to no avail.
I have a friend in Connecticut, near New York city, who owns a stroked 348 in a 63 Chevy.
It's been nothing but trouble for him. The engine doesn't start properly... He says that he cranks it over so much, that he kills batteries, then boosts... then gives up.
Personally, I believe it's one more "out of faze" MSD "ready to run?" distributor, applying spark, randomly, in no particular position. He just bought a rebuilt stock point type distributor. It needs to be installed properly, with the proper resister installed ( so there's 9 volts when running ), and timed to 33-34 degrees total advance ( no vacuum ).
It's about time that Roger was able to drive this car reliably.
Can someone help him out ?
You can PM me, or email me at aubrey @ bruneauperformance.ca

sure hope to hear from someone:bow:pray:pray:pray

58 Apache

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
:coffee Aubrey I live in eastern Ct, and would help out if you would like. PM *conversate me a name and phone and i'll return mine.

58 Apache

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
:D Good news Aubrey Rogers Biscayne is not in that bad of shape. Some new needles and seats in the carbs, a set of plugs and some roads test tuning and all will be fine. Here are a couple of Pics of Roger and the car.
006.JPG005.JPG
008.JPG

Needles and seats ??? .... in NEW Edelbrock carbs ?????????????:bang
a sign of finest quality:rolleyes
On the other hand....
it appears that the service man IS of the finest quality:deal

DAMN good news, Derry:beer

58 Apache

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
:rolleyes I think the guy who put the carbs on for him a couple years ago put the regulator on it after the fuel pump did the seats in. That is just a guess based on what Roger told thru the histouy of the car. One of the things that surprised was the enrichment springs in there were silver or plain colored so we will have to start all over on tuning once I rebuild them. should be fun with 4:11s and a 4 speed (should I tell him to have another set of rear tires ready):laugh

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
I'll be intrested to hear your opinion on how the car "pulls"or '"feels" at a full throttle punch from 2500-3000 up in third gear.This would give an idea of the torque this little 380 in "w " is making.

Might have to buzz that one a little higher, Jack. Pretty stout mechanical cam, LOTS of head porting.
I know what you mean though... would be more in the 3000-4000 range.

Hey Derry... spinning tires mean no broken driveline parts
all good