348/409 Race at Great Lakes Dragaway

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Dan(Ishiftem) wasn't in my pics from yesterday ,but I caught him giving Shan a hand loading up
IMAG1928.jpg

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Well, I think the weekend went pretty good. A little confusion at times, but everything worked out in the end. I didn't see all the action as I was busy running with the Nostalgia Super Stock Inc. group but I tried to keep up as best as I could. Weather was on the muggy side with a DA of 3500 feet but that didn't stop Dave "Cardboard" Coots (:poke) or Brian Lambert from running their best times ever. If anyone else did, I missed it. Ray (Fathead) was having a tough time with his ride. Traction was tough to find and he finally fell out after flipping a belt on Sunday during eliminations. Ross (409Guru) stopped by on Saturday and made a few passes in his 63. Don't be a stranger Ross! Shan (Quickshift409) lived up to his username and and was making some great laps after finding the sweet spot with his tire pressure. Joel made the long haul from Utah and was the first to arrive on Friday.Unfortunately the old red eye took him out of eliminations. We had Randy who though not a member here, showed up with his 62 bubble top with a big ass blower sitting on top of a 409. He had made a couple passes but unfortunately had a few issues which held the car back from showing it's full potential. Lonnie Hall and Scott were making great passes in Lonnie's Impala. I was jealous of their golf cart. Final eliminations saw Brian Lambert up against Lonnie Hall. Brian had 2nd gear issues and and guaranteed the win for Lonnie who was running very close to his dial in. Congratulations Lonnie!!!!!!!!!!! That makes two 409 event wins for Mr. Hall :bow. Brian Lambert received a 409 mile marker donated by Mike (Models916) as the iron man award. Despite being twisted up like a question mark from bulging discs in his back, I think Brian made the most passes despite taking breaks to lay on an ice pack. The man was in severe pain, but you just couldn't wipe that grin off his face.

Special thanks to Nostalgis Super Stock Inc. and Great Lakes Dragaway for letting the racers in for free.
Thanks to Dave (Iowa409guy) for donating the trophys for winner and runner up.
Thanks to Mike (Models916) for donating the 409 mile marker sign.
A big thanks to all the racers, forum members, and spectators who showed up and supported the event. :clap:clap:clap

As a side note, the track was pleased with the 409 cars and invited everyone back for next year. Free entry for the racers was again extended with an added bonus of free entry for one crew member per car.

If I am missing anything I apologize in advance. It was a long weekend and I'm going to bed! :sleep3

61belairbubbletop

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Sounds like all you guys had a blast ! No rain, either ! Wish I could have made it, but just couldn't get away. I see from the images posted, that Lonnie is running a Speed Port 7000, must be working for him. I'm still waiting for mine to show up.:angry2

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Lonnie wins again.....:confused
37646-12428291d31f23cbb6a9ffe43e1a2c43[1].jpg

Boy.....Lonnie is on a roll......won today and last August in Great Bend and got a hug from Hayden!!!!!:appl:appl:appl

Well I think it's time for an investigation...!!!! :rolleyes Lets look at the facts here.

Lonnie wins at Thompson !
CIMG1189.JPG

Lonnie wins at 2014 Convention !!! :crazy

20140928_173803.jpg

I think it's time the Governing body of the organization looks into this Hall Racing Team and the equipment they are running !!!
20140926_114522.jpg

They are all fun and drinking with the group but what are they really up too ?
IMAG1825[1].jpg

And what about the equipment they are running ?? Can everyone get that ?? NO
Randy said:
I see from the images posted, that Lonnie is running a Speed Port 7000, must be working for him. I'm still waiting for mine to show up.:angry2
IMAG1920[1].jpg

There is something going on here and I believe we need to get to the bottom of it ! Don't stand by and let this happen again at the next 348/409 gathering in your neighborhood. Be the first to say we have had enough already... :blah

:rolleyes

:pray

:pray

Oh, by the way congrats Lonnie, you the man. :appl:appl:appl

Bill and Linda

Impalaguru

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I had a wonderful time meeting everyone and getting a chance to see some real 409 power in action!!! Dan said it best above, the weekend was a complete success!!!

Just in case Brian Fugate isn't aware, I raced under your name on Saturday! Dan's father Bob did some sweet-talking with the ladies at the gate and got me on the track! Now Brian, I'm not sure what your normal 1/4 miles times are but I think you were a little of your game this weekend!!! :dunno2 You can blame me for lowering your street-cred! :fear2

Ross

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Glad to see you again Ross and glad you were able to be at the race this weekend!!!!
Does your wife understand that you "have been with us" longer than you have known her?????????????????

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Well, I think the weekend went pretty good. A little confusion at times, but everything worked out in the end. I didn't see all the action as I was busy running with the Nostalgia Super Stock Inc. group but I tried to keep up as best as I could. Weather was on the muggy side with a DA of 3500 feet but that didn't stop Dave "Cardboard" Coots (:poke) or Brian Lambert from running their best times ever. If anyone else did, I missed it. Ray (Fathead) was having a tough time with his ride. Traction was tough to find and he finally fell out after flipping a belt on Sunday during eliminations. Ross (409Guru) stopped by on Saturday and made a few passes in his 63. Don't be a stranger Ross! Shan (Quickshift409) lived up to his username and and was making some great laps after finding the sweet spot with his tire pressure. Joel made the long haul from Utah and was the first to arrive on Friday.Unfortunately the old red eye took him out of eliminations. We had Randy who though not a member here, showed up with his 62 bubble top with a big ass blower sitting on top of a 409. He had made a couple passes but unfortunately had a few issues which held the car back from showing it's full potential. Lonnie Hall and Scott were making great passes in Lonnie's Impala. I was jealous of their golf cart. Final eliminations saw Brian Lambert up against Lonnie Hall. Brian had 2nd gear issues and and guaranteed the win for Lonnie who was running very close to his dial in. Congratulations Lonnie!!!!!!!!!!! That makes two 409 event wins for Mr. Hall :bow. Brian Lambert received a 409 mile marker donated by Mike (Models916) as the iron man award. Despite being twisted up like a question mark from bulging discs in his back, I think Brian made the most passes despite taking breaks to lay on an ice pack. The man was in severe pain, but you just couldn't wipe that grin off his face.

Special thanks to Nostalgis Super Stock Inc. and Great Lakes Dragaway for letting the racers in for free.
Thanks to Dave (Iowa409guy) for donating the trophys for winner and runner up.
Thanks to Mike (Models916) for donating the 409 mile marker sign.
A big thanks to all the racers, forum members, and spectators who showed up and supported the event. :clap:clap:clap

As a side note, the track was pleased with the 409 cars and invited everyone back for next year. Free entry for the racers was again extended with an added bonus of free entry for one crew member per car.

If I am missing anything I apologize in advance. It was a long weekend and I'm going to bed! :sleep3

Hi Dan,
looks like you put on a great meet
You and Phil must know the same weather guy:D

Can you tell me, or any one for that matter what the times were for all concerned??
Got Brian's at 11.97
Just wondering thats all

(secretly trying to keep tabs on Lonnie):crazy

Steve

scott hall

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Dad had not made a full 1/4 mile pass before Friday. The 1/8th mile went from a best of 7.53 to a 7.40 with 60" @1.61 and 1/4 was a 11.69 for best. Was a good time with everyone and thanks again Dan, Dave Models916 and everyone that worked to make it happen. And the track personnel went out of their way to make sure your questions got the right answer and helped in anyway possible. Thanks Scott Hall

Impalaguru

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Glad to see you again Ross and glad you were able to be at the race this weekend!!!!
Does your wife understand that you "have been with us" longer than you have known her?????????????????

I've never thought about it like that but it's true!!!!!
She definitely has an appreciation for muscle cars and, of course 409s!!!!
Hopefully my "409 family" will understand!!! :hug