348/409 shop?

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
James has worked with a fellow just south of StL, he might chime in and tell you his experiences and provide contact info.

I plan on possibly using him for certain things when the time comes. Says he can sleeve W blocks, etc.

TomK

63impalass409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I just had a 63 qc block sleeved by a local machine shop here in Tacoma due to deep rust pits in 1 cylinder but still waiting on my Ross pistons from Show Cars that are on back order so they can fit each one! I have my fingers crossed on machine work

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
I second the recommendation to connect with Tony at Day Automotive, he is a known quantity. But the guy south of St. Louis might be an option for you as he is much closer.

Thanks for jogging my memory, I just remembered I had a QA block at Tony's. Almost forgot about that!

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I second the recommendation to connect with Tony at Day Automotive, he is a known quantity. But the guy south of St. Louis might be an option for you as he is much closer.

Thanks for jogging my memory, I just remembered I had a QA block at Tony's. Almost forgot about that!

Tom all of us can use another QA Can I stop by and pick it up since you won't miss it?
Robert

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4

Is that your gold van in the picture ......I believe you were the one who posted this picture on line when you took your block,,,,,,,

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
"Is that your gold van in the picture?"

Dang, I guess that is mine! That was a couple of years ago. Took the block in when I dropped off my '62 QB block and KB-Ikon pistons and BBC rods. Man, how time flies. I think I need to call Tony today. Robert, I'll set that aside for when you travel through mid-Missouri next time. You can look at it, but I have plans for it to be in a certain convertible :) :) :).

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3

Tom didn't you tell me that you have a 409 block being worked on in Kansas City
also? :wacko

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
"Tom didn't you tell me that you have a 409 block being worked on in Kansas City
also? :wacko

That's the one I was referring to. If I remember, it was an 814 casting with a QA suffix. Had two cylinders that needed help, so I left it with Tony a year or so ago and then kinda forgot about it :). I probably should get him the pistons and rods and have the bottom end done at Day Automotive. Not in a real hurry, since there are sooooo many other projects that remain unfinished. I was thinking it should go in the '62 convert, which is currently in metal purgatory....