348 Emblem

tripowerguy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I was driving my 58 the other day and a guy drove up and wanted to look at the car. He said it was a 283 car originally wasn't it? I said, yeah but how did he know? He said because of the Chevrolet above the V on the trunk, he said it should be crossed flags. You know I can't remember if my old Biscyne had crossed flags or not. Can any of you purist out there help me out, I know someone is restoring a 58 and would know. :confused: Roy

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
No 348 designation for 58.
Just the V for 283 and no V for a 6.
In 59 the crossed flags on the hood over the V over Chevrolet signified 348, just a V and no flags 283 and no V was a 6.
In 60 and 61 the designations were in the grill and on the trunk.
I personally think the 61 grill emblem for a 348 was the nicest Chevy ever made.

BJ

B

bowtieollie

Hi Roy,

Don't you just love "experts"?

You can't tell a 348 in a '58. It would have a large V on the hood and trunk - but so did the 283.

I like when someone comes up and tells you " I have a car just like this at home!" Then you start to ask them questions and it isn't EVEN close.....:p

droptop62

Supporting Member 1
"the experts"

I got point deductions in a judged car show because the judge
did not know my steering wheel was a factory option for my 66 chevelle.
Absolutely perfect wood grain steering wheel.
I had saved this steering wheel for years before I actually
found one of my cars to be worthy of this part.
Even the experts aren't experts.
My car still won first in class, but leaves me to wonder how much these guys actually know the cars they are judging

36master

cross flags

hey dq409, i had a guy ask me the same question about the cross flags,glad to know there wasnt any on 58.dq i would like to see full photo of your 58 .from what i can see its very nice. thanks bobby:deal

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Hey DQ
I don't have a good pic of mine but here is the pic that got me goin' way back when I was 15 and still gets me goin' today.
Should be able to find one to scan in the next few days

BJ

Attachments

• 61ss409.jpg
    61ss409.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 227

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Hey 36,,,, I wish it were mine (the `58) !!!
I got that of the GM site,,,,,,

Attachments

• 61impgrill.jpg
    61impgrill.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 211

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
DQ? You can sure tell you're not a 61 kinda guy......that's not a 348.....now here is the nicest emblem Chevy ever made

Attachments

• 61front.jpg
    61front.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 188

Russ348

Well Known Member
I believe the 60 348 emblem is just as nice

Originally posted by bjburnout
DQ? You can sure tell you're not a 61 kinda guy......that's not a 348.....now here is the nicest emblem Chevy ever made

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
OK ,,,So rub it in !!!!

At least someone posted a view you can see it from !! heee heee

THAT is pretty nice !!!

Where do you park your car ??
I need one for the wall !! LMSOAO !!!!!!!

59fins

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Yes it is original, when you have a bumper guard for 61 that becomes the hood latch release.

Bill

JokersBel

Banned
wow, never knew it was the hood latch either. I can't imagine trying to locate such an item, let alone the price. Just the bumper gaurd for a 59 is very expensive...thanks for the info...Jim