348 for 59 Nomad wagon

AK-Guy

Well Known Member
I would strongly consider doing a 700r4 instead of the 350 with a 373 gear and you will have a very fun combination and will be really great on the highway loafing along around 1300-1400 rpm at 60mph depending on your tire and wheel combo

I am wondering, is an adapter of some type needed to mate a 700R4 to a 348 or 409?

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Those folks over there talk funny......:winner:winner When we were over there in 2017 we went out to ear at a bar with Gav, Steve and their wives. After a couple of beers they were easy to understand......:drinking
Amazing, isn't it! I'm really fired up for Gav to get this thing rolling so we've got more to talk about. I've been slacking, more or less, but that is about to change, hopefully.

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
@ Mike, 58Delivery, do you have any offset brake booster & master cylinder set-ups to the the 59 wagon!

Thanks
Gav

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
What style fan would u recommend and would it need to be a viscous type?

Just had a plastic one on the 283.

Gav

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Many people have sad great things about the awesomeness of this site including myself.
I do try and search for things to my questions first before sending out a post and or a PM

So with putting in the 348 to 59 my next question was going to be about Alternator brackets. So did a couple of word searches and came across the below threads. With a bit of reading looks dead easy a lot easier on the pocket. :clap
One thread was where Dave (boxerdog) shared what he had done with an aftermarket bracket with small mods and also Dan (tripower), where he used a lower alternator bracket from a late 60's chev pick up again with a small mod. both look excellent.

I have still had to do a bit of search here in the land of down under and scarce as hell american parts of sorts in order to find one or other of these brackets and after trawling through our large number of speed shops & restoration shops (count them on one hand nearly:laugh2) finally found one of each at different shops.
For Dave's aftermarket one this is NZ $76 & the lower one as per Tripower was NZ $140. So for now going with $76 option. No old wrecking yards around here to go picking from. :cryblow

So again ALL HAIL THE 348-409 BROTHER HOOD :bow:bow:bow:bow:appl:appl:appl and Bob, please be sure to NEVER delete any info. One thread goes back to 2011.

www.348-409.com/forum/threads/choices-for-alternator-mounting-with-headers.16886

www.348-409.com/forum/threads/1963-1965-409-reproduction-alternator-bracket.21590

Gav

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Earlier this summer I did the exact same search on alternator brackets and those are the exact 2 same threads that I used to make my decision also. I went with tripowers option being I had one bracket and found what I think is the last one in my local yard to make mine!