348 for 59 Nomad wagon

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
GOODY GOODY YUM YUM, some parts have finally turned up:D, although i'm one package short, this had thermostat & housing, water pump pulley, by pass hose:weep
A good weekend now lays ahead.

Headers, water pump, dipstick, fan shroud for the 59, a spare upper diff arm, hood hinges & wiper linkage for the 62 and a weeee bit of end of day delight :drunk:martini
IMG_1638.jpgIMG_1637.jpg

Gav

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
O and the other small part that is in the missing package is the distributor :yikes. Shipping company is frantically looking for package.

benchseat4speed

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
O and the other small part that is in the missing package is the distributor :yikes. Shipping company is frantically looking for package.

God bless you living halfway around the world and building this s—t. Having everything shipped thousands of miles and waiting weeks for parts to arrive. Then some of it gets lost. Oh, it fell off the ship it’s in the pacific somewhere :doh

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
God bless you living halfway around the world and building this s—t. Having everything shipped thousands of miles and waiting weeks for parts to arrive. Then some of it gets lost. Oh, it fell off the ship it’s in the pacific somewhere :doh
Yup the joys living in this neck of the woods. That and the non existence of 348 - 409 parts down here either.

Some good news though, missing box has been found. It was short shipped and was stuffed in to a following container which has now arrived in to Christchurch, but probably wont be able to get my hands on it until early next week. At least it's here.

Gav

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Small update, things a little frustrating (apart for waiting for rest of stuff). RH header on and fitted great, LH header needs a little heating & Beating on #1 tube to get around front bolt on A arm, even after cutting it back.
Having to re-position front brake lines, fuel line and trans lines, due to headers being a lot closer to these than the manifolds of the 283.

Here we aren't any allowed any such lines within 2" of exhaust headers.

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
i'm still here and still persevering. A mate asked me today how i was getting on and when is fire up. As i mentioned to him, the old work life balance thing currently hasn't been in my favour with work being very demanding for me at this time of year. But without it, then the toys don't get done.:doh

It's amazing all the small sh_it that gets consumed up in with engine transplants, LH header heaten & beaten, brake, fuel & trans lines re-routed, heater radiator re-cored, alternator bracket modified & fitted, modify top radiator hose for now, etc etc etc
Well now that this weekend is done and the last bits now all tidied up, I'm now ready for fire-up. Just need to see what day i can get of work this week and it will be all on :burnout. As soon as this is done then it is straight down to the exhaust shop and i'll be good for cruzing for this coming weekend.:winner

IMG_1666.jpgIMG_1667.jpg

Gav

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I'm sure it takes a lot of patience to put something together like you have Gav. You're getting close, then comes the fun of getting her on the road.

Later
Dave

PS...I hear Phil is coming over to visit. Do Not, I repeat DO NOT let him in the front seat......:winner

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Gav.....don't believe everything they say!!
Gav.....put a larger alternator pulley on to slow your alternator speed down!!!!!