348 in a '33 Roadster

JED

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Very nice!! Is it a glass body?
Yes. The guy I bought it from did not build it and knew very little about what is in the car. He also owned it for over 2 years and never registered or drove it. After this weekend's swap meet (where I hope to sell the project '33), I will get into the car a little more to see what I have and to clean up a couple of items (neutral safety switch, soft brake pedal, etc.)

JED

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Doesn't have the W wow factor, but very nice none the less, and you can drive this one now!
Who cares what anyone else thinks, it's YOUR car.
Jeff
Thank you. That was my thoughts also, although I must say I would like to keep both, but that isn't possible financially.

John

JED

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
...and the new finished roadster that I just dragged home from Alabama:
An update on the new "finished" roadster. It turns out it wasn't as finished as I thought (or advertised). After 6 months of work (with consideration to the several months of 100+ degree days in my non-A/C shop) that generated a 145-item 8-page "Punch List" to correct many of the "What Were They Thinking" issues with the new roadster and more miles up and down on my lift than in my driveway, I finally started the car a week ago. A quick trip down my driveway revealed that I still didn't have all of the issues resolved (although both rear wheel cylinders were previously bled, it turns out that they were frozen in their bores and had to be replaced). Although I keep discovering things that fit the "What were they thinking" concept (why would they double nut anything, let alone using 2 nyloc nuts to do it; using nyloc nuts with bolts too short to engage the nylon insert; installing the cupped washers on the end of the Mustang II front strut arms backwards away from the bushing, etc.), I deemed it safe enough to take it out on the side roads for the first time last Saturday morning to our annual hot rod gathering. You can imaging how pleased I was when they announced at the end of the event that, out of about 300 cars entered, my roadster was awarded a "Top 10" trophy! Several firsts for me: First drive of the car; First car show for the car and my first ever car show trophy! I was very happy! Now to get back to finishing the open items on my "What Were They Thinking" Punch List for the car so I can drive the car moreIMG_5583.JPGIMG_5596.JPGIMG_5608.JPG.

:cool:

JED

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
After two swap meets, a listing on the HAMB and several months of trying, I still have had no takers on the 348/'33 Ford roadster project. So I decided to do the next best thing...I'm continuing to put it together. After an absence of 9 months while I worked on the "new" '33 Roadster, I started putting the parts that I already have on the project car. I figured if nothing else, it would perhaps present the car better and appear less of a project car when they look at it. I have a couple of spaces at the Lone Star Roundup in Austin, TX in April and I am trying to get as much of the car done as I can without spending any more money on it. We had a couple of weeks below freezing (ending last week) where I couldn't work in my shop (no HVAC), but I have made some progress since December. I actually hate to see it go because I really enjoy working on it, but money is money. Some pictures FYI.
IMG_6973.jpgIMG_6974.jpgIMG_6979.jpgIMG_7896.jpgIMG_7909.jpgIMG_7916.jpgIMG_6975.jpg

JED

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I am taking the '33 Ford roadster project to the Lone Star Roundup in Austin, TX this week to sell it. Unfortunately, I need to sell it to pay for the other "completed" '33 Roadster that I bought last year. It is now a "roller" with lots of additional parts included to take it to the next level. If anyone is going to the Roundup, come by the swap meet building to say "Hi". I'll be there with my white box trailer. I won't know where they have me located yet until I get there on Thursday to load in.
IMG_8574.jpg