348 stroker engine

Harper57

Finally the day came to dyno the 348 stroker engine my dad is having built to put in his 57 chevy. It made some great numbers on the dyno!!! It peaked torque at 496.2 @ 3400 rpm and stayed above 425 ft lb through 5500 rpm. The hp peaked at 457.2 at 5450 rpm. I think he will be very happy with the engine in his car.

Harper57

Thanks, I will keep yall posted how the install goes. We are going to put a 9" rear and a 4 link before we put the engine in. We live in Georgia

Harper57

I would like any advice and info that any of you tri-five guys have on this engine install. He is going to use an engine cradle utilizing the front mounts and the bell housing mounts. He also has a transmission cross member. I think we are going to go with a drop center link instead of cutting the pan. Also, he has sanderson block hugger headers for it but now that Ive seen on here that people were experiencing a drop in hp he may want
other suggestions on the headers.....

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Nice numbers....:deal Welcome. Full length 1-7/8" headers with 3" collector minimum if he wants to maintain the same numbers.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
60 mi.north of Atlanta,Comerce?.Athens?I've been to Atlanta Dragway[Comerce] many times.