348 stroker engine

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Pretty car, and extra special since it has a clutch.

Nice motor too.

Don

Harper57

Hey guys, If you know of anyone wanting some good guts for a stock 348 please send them my way. I have an add in the for sale section on here if any one is interested. Thanks

Harper57

We have decided to discard the sanderson block huggers and build our own headers. This should be an adventure.:think My dad just cant stand the thought of not having his engine at full potential.

Harper57

Finally got the 4 link and the 9 in. Going to try to put it in this weekend. Then it will be time to put his engine in. Ill post some pictures along the way.

Harper57

Nice numbers....:deal Welcome. Full length 1-7/8" headers with 3" collector minimum if he wants to maintain the same numbers.
I meant to clarify that those numbers were made using a set of those 1 5/8 sanderson block huggers. I wish we would have had a big set of headers for the dyno to see how big of a difference it made.:brow

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
I have a 1969 Camaro 12 bolt with 3:73 posi now. ( For the street ) When I raced I had 6:17 ( Blew those up and went to 5:57 gears with a spool , and a "GEISS " rear cover with the cap locks. I had to move the spring perches to center the housing. The Camaro rear measured 60" the same as the stock housing.
Keep up the good work !!:clap That car is turning out AWESOME !!! :love

:crazy:dance:cheers

Attachments

• PictureKodak easy share photos 702.jpg
    PictureKodak easy share photos 702.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 5
  • PictureKodak easy share photos 698.jpg
    PictureKodak easy share photos 698.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 5
  • PictureKodak easy share photos 734.jpg
    PictureKodak easy share photos 734.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 5
  • PictureKodak easy share photos 735.jpg
    PictureKodak easy share photos 735.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 4
  • PictureKodak easy share photos 742.jpg
    PictureKodak easy share photos 742.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 7

Harper57

I ordered his 9 in. 57" wide to fit those 10 inch wheels. The axle is geared 411 with a tru trac posi carrier. The tires are 28x12.00.

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
My slicks were 29.5 by 9 M & H.
I had to let the air out to remove them.

:crazy:dance:cheers

Attachments

• waiting for Convoy to go to National Speedway 001.jpg
    waiting for Convoy to go to National Speedway 001.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 3

Harper57

Im going to post this for the benefit of people with tri fives. :- If you like alot of rake by raising the rear end then TCI 4 link is not for you.... Once we got his together with everything set up to be as high as possible it set at factory height. I had to modify the lower shock mount on the housing just to get it to sit up a little in the back. Now the panhard bar is only about an inch from the pinion. without modification to the front crossmember there is not much else I can do. My dad was a little disappointed....that is one of the reasons we went to an "adjustable ride height 4 link" was to get rid of air shocks for ride height. I actually like it better how it sits now. I guess its a generation thing. Dad says it is growing on him too.

Harper57

Does any one have any suggestions for a power steering pump and brackets when using a front cradle type engine mount?

scott hall

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
If you have the room in the back use a j-bar instead of the panhard bar. Won't move rearend side to side like the panhard bar does. Just a thought. Or a short wishbone.

Harper57

Just a picture with the inner fenders on.... Dad hopes to have the car back in a couple of weeks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 5