348 stroker engine

Harper57

image.jpg image.jpg We got it in and running! Only a half inch between the water pump and the radiator ,but enough to slide a belt in between them. We used a hurst engine cradle and the factory bell housing mounts.we did not move the engine forward but did put two pockets in the firewall for valve cover clearance. He has sanderson block huggers headers on it for now but has planned to build long tubes later. Theres about a half inch between the headers and the steering box. Also used the 3 inch drop center link. We slotted the holes in the engine mounts and the cross member about a half inch to move the engine to the passenger side for header clearance. I posted a video on you tube of it running under 1957 chevy with a 348 stroker if anyone would like to hear it.

Harper57

Well she is pretty much a finished project now guys. Had a few bugs.... They all do. The car runs great, it exceeded our expectations! Very strong and still street friendly... What more could you ask for. Now if we can keep U-joints in it we will have it licked. He had a driveshaft made using 3/4 ton joints but it still crushes one when you get on it. Havent had it at the drag strip yet to get some numbers but we will soon. I will try to post some more pictures and a video of it running with exhaust on it. I appreciate all of the input and comments. We really couldnt have asked for the project to go any better.

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
It sure looks and sounds great! :beer
I know it's not a drag car but it would be cool to run it down the track. Don't forget to take pictures. :D