348 Tri-Power Build gone wrong / Follow New Rebuild

'37-4D

Well Known Member
Parts have been ordered. Here is what will be going on:
Once again, BIG thanks to @Don Jacks for his help and patience with me on this rebuild.

Block: 872
Heads: 333

* Both block and heads have been checked and are good to go!

** 3x2 manifold was blasted and is being aluminum ceramic coated.

*** Most of these parts will be coming from Show Cars. Being in Canada, it was much easier to order from one supplier rather then to mess around with wait times from different places. Will take a hit on a few parts, but will cut down on frustration overall.

QpmgPNo.png
wbSzsux.png
M6DjPFp.png
dpriT9u.png
VCSkTYs.png
oabTJ5T.png
gXIj1nV.png

Here she is awaiting a hot bath and some serious TLC!!!! :dance1

NPWnWEB.jpg

Tim

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I have a question? Are the freeze plugs in there now from the last build that went wrong? I ask because of all the previous pictures of junk that was in the engine. If the block is going to get cleaned I’d take all that out again especially the oil rail and cam plugs. For the price of a kit it’s cheap insurance. Don M is right too. Take the intake cover off. Known to hold junk and underneath the tray in the oil pan. Took me 4 hours, a case of brake clean and a pressure washer to get the junk out from underneath the tray in the pan.

'37-4D

Well Known Member
I have a question? Are the freeze plugs in there now from the last build that went wrong? I ask because of all the previous pictures of junk that was in the engine. If the block is going to get cleaned I’d take all that out again especially the oil rail and cam plugs. For the price of a kit it’s cheap insurance. Don M is right too. Take the intake cover off. Known to hold junk and underneath the tray in the oil pan. Took me 4 hours, a case of brake clean and a pressure washer to get the junk out from underneath the tray in the pan.
I bet. Yes they are being replaced. The shop is taking it down to bare bones. Everything is being looked at under a magnifying glass. They know my pain, and just want to see me fixed up and running proper.

'37-4D

Well Known Member
You’ll have to tell us who that shop was when you can. Kevin(quik9r) lives in Ontario too. I’m sure he’ll want to know.
Issue is that in order to sooth the shop owner and entice him to pay up, we will offer to sign a non disclosure agreement. Therefore not revealing or exposing him. I'll be happy to discuss privately. Where in Ontario does he live? The province is quite big. He might be in a area where he will never deal with this guy!

427John

Well Known Member
Based on the list this sounds like its going to be a great engine,my guess is that it will make enough extra power over the old one that you will have recalibrate your carbs on your tripower,unless it was on the fat side already.

'37-4D

Well Known Member
Based on the list this sounds like its going to be a great engine, my guess is that it will make enough extra power over the old one that you will have recalibrate your carbs on your tripower, unless it was on the fat side already.
It is going to an awesome dyno shop. A booking gets me the whole day. Will get the works. Broken in, tuned and ready to go. I'll get all the numbers and post.