348 value?

unclebrad

LaShaker - Modifying the adapter would work, but, from what I have been reading, it is critical to get the geometry right, and I am not sure it would be right if the throttle arm on my carb is different from whatever this adapter was made for.

rstreet - Put four speed in. Funny.

Don - Copying the measurements from an Edelbrock carb could be helpful.

I have found a thread at http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=408480 which has an illustration show the precise geometry needed (not using any specific carb) and am going to look it over to see if it is something I can use here.

Thanks, and Stay tuned....

unclebrad

Just hoping to get a little clearer here.
Hope I'm not being too anal, but it scares me when they say I could damage the transmission if it isn't right...

First - I found another illustration on California Performance Transmission. https://www.cpttransmission.com/tech_tvcable.htm
I wrote my questions on it in red.
carb TV Cable Setup 0b.jpg

My 3804S carb matches the specs on this chart without the adapter. That's good, I think. Maybe.

I spoke with one of the guys at the California Performance Transmission shop, who said that at least part of the purpose of the adapter is to flatten out the arc so that the cable end doesn't lift up so much at full throttle. I have an Edelbrock here and there is more lift on it than on my Carter3804S.

So, with mine, maybe I'm ok without the adapter?

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Let me simplfy this for you Brad as I've worked on this stuff since 82.Try it without the adapter.Max or fully extended means full throttle.Once you get the cable hooked up,make certain that the cable is level when hooked up.Now to the cable adjustment.With the throttle closed,depress the tab and pull the cable all the way back[toward the firewall].Release the tab,go into the truck and firmly push the a cccelerater pedal to the floor.You'll feel and hear the cable notch into place. There is no free play at full throttle in this set up.Your adjustments are now done,drive that puppy.