jester

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I found a guy that had started to rebuild a 1958 348 engine. He had finished the bottom end and then lost interest in the project. He has the complete engine but only the bottom end is together. The question is : how much for the engine? :dunno

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
short block

I recently passed on rebuilt 348 +30 short block around $800.00. New cam and pistons, new chain and bearings. Included oil pan and timing cover and damper. Seemed cheap to me but I was only going to use the block. I See a good number of rebuildable complete 348 engines at swaps around here in the $500-600 range.

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Jester,this is just an idea,but club member 29Coupe348 says he needs a rebuilt 348,he has posted several threads that he needs his 348 rebuilt and he can't find a rebuilder in NJ.Send him a PM he might be interested :dunno

jester

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
ideas

That's a good idea, Jim, but this guy is not the builder of the motor, He just has the parts. I will track him down just to see what wants for the thing . I passd on the motor because I didn't feel I could get the HP I wanted out of it. There is also a machine shop not far from me that is set up to do and has done many W-motors. I need to pass that along as well. Thanks again and have a great day.