348er in Switzerland

GasNOil

Well Known Member
today i receive a mail from Summit Racing ( i orderet my parts there ) , in this stay , Edelbrock is currently moving their manufacturing facility to another location which is pushing back their backorders until April at the earliest :cuss

just wait and see :bore3

Summit shows quantity 2 (two) in stock of the 60815 heads with the hydraulic roller spring package. I bought the previous two and NOBODY else seems to have any in stock. Yes, Edelbrock told me "April/May" as well, but that could be April 2022 with such a big move and setup happening.

Nevertheless, good luck with your project!

427John

Well Known Member
I've also ordered stuff from Summit and got a back order notice from them that said they had no expected delivery date and asked if I wanted to cancel the order or wait a while,I said I'd wait a while and then it showed up in 2 weeks,so you never know.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Call Bob Walla.He can set you up with heads,the Edelbrock head gaskets may be too thick to allow a good quench anyway,we can help you source a good cam,and I believe that intake is availeable.This way we can have you cruising the 58 by summer.Bob's website is BWR[Bob Walla Racing]
Bob's are cheaper too if I remember right. Edelbrock has come up more on their prices and yet their performance hasn't changed any.

Dä Huäbär

Well Known Member
many thanks for all the good tips , but i will wait till Edelbrock can deliver the parts .

i wrote to Edelbrock directly and the answear is following : we are Out of Stock on Intake Manifold & Cylinder Heads, and our Current Delivery Date is set for April 9, 2021 . our Torrance Facility is moving and will be out by March 31st, and Moving to Olive Branch, MS . our Intake Manifolds are up and running in MS already, and our Cylinder Heads are in transition .

this 2 months are not so long and in this time i can fix other things on my car .

in fact, I have to control and improve a lot of things on the car. many screws are not tightened enough. the clips on the tie rods were loose and the tie rods could easily be turned by hand :confused

i have a 58 block with the cooling passages on the deck , but are not drilled . is it better to drill it or leave it that way . I read in reports here in the forum , that only the police versions and the truck engines had it . i think , its better to drill for maximum cooling , when i have more power :burnout

SSpev

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
service blocks came that way in the early days when both cooled and non cooled heads where available. If it is a late 58 casting , it's probable for 59. I think I have one left. also have non cooled heads.

benchseat4speed

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
All these 'collector car dealers' should be strung up. Selling you a spray can rebuild in a 30 thousand dollar car, I hope they get the worst of karma. Anyway, looks like very nice car, and that engine obviously fell into good hands for the much needed rebuild:good

Take that John Carollo book and throw it in the trash. I have that book too and its basically worthless. Probably the most half assed, incomplete engine 'how to' book I've ever seen. What's missing in that book, guys on this forum know off the top of their head.:good

409N

Well Known Member
MOST Collector car's RARELY (if ever) get their oil/filter changed, likely oil was mostly gas and contaminates,,,,,, may be partially the cause of engine failure.:( Collector cars usually don't go far (low mileage) , don't getup to operating temperature,,,,,so people don't change the oil :) or maybe they treat it's like a new car with longer no oil change periods. .........In the end the car suffers :(

Last edited: