350Turbo or 700r4

Kaycee

Well Known Member
I was told that the 200 are more $$ to build and they don't make them anymore so parts are getting hard to find. I have an 88 model 700r/4L60 in my 63 with 3:36 rear HUGE difference 80 mph at 2300RPM stock convertor. I just snagged a 1990 700/4L60 needs clutches but it was free. Seems like GM kept improving the internals in these trans every year until 93 then they went electronic 4L60 E. I have the ATSG upgrade manual that shows/tells the improvements they made. Some mods. need to be made to make it work driveshaft, crossmember support and a TV cable bracket. Definitely get a 88 or newer you can get a 4x4 trans and swap the rear output shaft and a tail housing will work they will have an embossed K on the bellhousing and are considered a heavy duty case. I think even a S-10 4X 4 had these .

hfpjr76

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I was told that the 200 are more $$ to build and they don't make them anymore so parts are getting hard to find. I have an 88 model 700r/4L60 in my 63 with 3:36 rear HUGE difference 80 mph at 2300RPM stock convertor. I just snagged a 1990 700/4L60 needs clutches but it was free. Seems like GM kept improving the internals in these trans every year until 93 then they went electronic 4L60 E. I have the ATSG upgrade manual that shows/tells the improvements they made. Some mods. need to be made to make it work driveshaft, crossmember support and a TV cable bracket. Definitely get a 88 or newer you can get a 4x4 trans and swap the rear output shaft and a tail housing will work they will have an embossed K on the bellhousing and are considered a heavy duty case. I think even a S-10 4X 4 had these .
Thank you all good info 700 is definitely way to go!!