38th Annual Fourth Street Cruise - Waterloo IA - Today

Fuzz1957

Well Known Member
Starts at noon. Beautiful day. Had show’n shine last night. One 409 - 1964 black SS. there. Probably be a couple thousand cars there. The full gamant of $$$$$ to junk. Cruised 4th St. in high school to see if your car was a “chick magnet”. Apparently mine wasn’t.

Fuzz

MAGA

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Was the SS at the cattle Congress grounds Fuzz?
I remember cruising 4th Street. Wasn't it 4 lanes then? Race from light to light....noise echoing from buildings. My 63 got hit down there at the corner of 4th and the west side of Black Hawk Park. Some bitch ran a stop light. Everybody cruised 4th back then.

Fuzz1957

Well Known Member
Was the SS at the cattle Congress grounds Fuzz?
I remember cruising 4th Street. Wasn't it 4 lanes then? Race from light to light....noise echoing from buildings. My 63 got hit down there at the corner of 4th and the west side of Black Hawk Park. Some bitch ran a stop light. Everybody cruised 4th back then.

Yes it was at Cattle Congress grounds. 340 HP. Black with white interior. Add on AC. Four speed. Even had all four headlights t-3’s. Owned by someone from Jesup. Older lady (aren’t we all) in passenger seat talking to someone when I went by first time. Next time by, nobody home. Looked like well taken care of ‘64.
As to Fourth St. your memory fails you. You probably had a hot chick next to you that commanded your attention (and what you hoped might happen) rather than the surroundings. Two lanes. Race - yes. Noise from buildings - yes.
The Saturday cruise was well attended. I didn’t drive in it. Just parked in bank parking lot by river and “guarded” my car. For me - too many people with strollers and whatever around. Enjoyed talking with a lot of car people. So, didn’t really watch cruise. As a side note - someone had a drop dead ‘65 Bel Aire 396 four speed there. Looked like it just came off showroom floor. Amazing looking resto.

Fuzz

MAGA

Fuzz1957

Well Known Member
Are you saying 2 lanes each way? You're right about the memory fuzz.

One lane each way. Lots of great cool cars back then that were just driver cars back then. Later in the 70’s University Ave became the place to cruise - four lanes/two each way. Do you know the ‘64 409?

Fuzz

MAGA

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Don't know that car Fuzz. I don't get to many cruises or car shows any more. The last one was on San Marnan in a bank parking lot a couple years ago.