3D printers, anyone got one?

bobs409

Administrator
Sounds like you're morphing from "Caveman" to a modern man! From a man who wouldn't own a cellphone to tablets and 3d printers.Just don't tell us that your next step will be voting Demoncrat!!!!!!!!:fear2While you're resting ,fix this editing BS in the PM section.It limits my editing or correcting to 5 minutes.:furious:gaah

Done!! I wasn't aware of this problem but I changed it from 5 minutes to 20 minutes. (could go longer if needed)

bobs409

Administrator
Octoprint is up and running! I just loaded 2 prints from my PC over wifi to the Raspberry Pi 4 unit in the printer cabinet. Camera is showing the action and I have full control from my PC.

I also installed the Octo-remote app on my tablet so right now I'm watching it from there too. With the tablet, I can see and control all of this from my garage or actually, anywhere in the world using the app! (not that I'm going THAT far from my running printer) :D

:happy

bobs409

Administrator
Sometimes you need a hand. Sometimes, you need 2! :laugh4

Saw this on thingaverse and just had to make it. I guess it's meant mostly for holding an I phone but holds my pen and calculator just fine. :D Would make a neat way to leave a note for someone, just set it on the table near the front door with the note in hand. :p

DSCN4110.jpgDSCN4111.jpgDSCN4112.jpgDSCN4113.jpgDSCN4114.jpg

And the last part for my "automated garage heater" project. This one holds a servo motor and a limit switch. Will be used to energize the heater in place of a T-stat.

DSCN4109.jpg

Now if I can just get the hang of writing the code to complete this! (Python) :write :bang

bobs409

Administrator
How about a "Gloctopus?" Just the thing for a gun lover that is also fond of octopus's. :laugh2

featured_preview_GlockctopusV8.png

bobs409

Administrator
Sometimes when there's not much to print which is a lot these days, I do something just for fun. Here is my growing cat collection! :D

From left to right; Stretching cat, Simon's cat, Waving cat, Tiffany, Fat Cat and Calibration cat in the front.

Not getting the best quality lately and I'm suspecting it may be the brand of filament. Both Blue and White are Reprapper brand. I'll be trying out some yellow next that is the same brand (Hatchbox) as the black I've used with excellent results.

I've been putting together some things to automate my printer and cabinet. Once I get that all working I'll post that. I'll be able to turn on the main power, the printer, the LED lighting and a cooling fan from my PC or Android! I'm also working on a sensor that will display the temp and humidity of the cabinet. (been getting into small electronics lately) :D

Well, here's the guys!

DSCN4193.jpg
DSCN4196.jpg
DSCN4191.jpg
DSCN4192.jpg
DSCN4194.jpg
DSCN4195.jpg

bobs409

Administrator
Not sure if I ever posted these pics or not. I just found them on my camera.

The top one is a repair adapter for a broom head. This screws in like a broom handle and the other end pushes into a metal handle. It always amazes me how these things can print working threads!

The others parts should need no introduction. :DDSCN5284.JPGDSCN5285.JPG

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Very very cool that you can 3D print Bob. When you going to 3d print mini engines in 348, 409, 426 hemi, 4406pak, etc?
Not to worry, we are working on that. Figure it only makes sense to keep making all of the engine parts until we can scale down for models too. None of the Mopar BS though. LOL!
We ordered a 3D scanner for ourselves to help the process along.

bobs409

Administrator
Been playing with the 3d printer lately for some winter time fun. Found a great tool called an expanding center marking tool. (most used in the airplane industry for marking out for rivet holes from what I heard among other uses) Just spread it out to the width of the panel and you can automatically mark out evenly spaced holes. No more measuring and dividing for evenly spaced holes. The print was for just 1/2 of this but I made 2 and put it together. It works GREAT!!!! Measuring at the points, it goes from 6-3/4 to 18-3/4 inches. I was actually making one of these a few years ago out of stainless steel but it's one of those projects that got set aside and never finished. :( (seems there's a lot of that in my life these days)

Also shown is a small center marking gauge and of course, a rubber duck! (while I had the yellow loaded up, I couldn't resist!)

DSCN5296.jpgDSCN5297.jpgDSCN5298.jpgDSCN5299.jpg