3x3 intake maifold cooling water pump by-pass conn.

Russ348

Well Known Member
Just noticed that my new 3x2 intake manifold has no connection for the water pump by-pass hose. This on a '60 348 engine. Is this correct:dunno What needs to be done to remedy the situation. Is the by-pass blocked off.:dunno Is the by-pass hose required.:dunno Is the manifold correct:dunno Many questions:)

Russ348

Well Known Member
bignbad60 said:
This is how my 60 348 is set
View attachment 4443
tim

bignbad 60,
in my old age i can't see the picture good enough to tell whats going on. Could you explain. The picture does not blow enought to see whats going on. Do you still have the cooling water by-pass? If so, where did you connect it to on the manifold.

Thanks..Russ

bignbad60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I'll try to send you a pic via e-mail...should be larger...( will need you e-mail address) .but the outlet on the manifold that supplies the heater core has a bung on it or "T' to supply the bypass.
Tim

3483x2

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Ooooh No!:eek: Like Bignbad60 is trying to show, There is an additional adapter between the intake inlet. This adapter support the extra connection to your water pump you need.
Paul

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
heat in the hole

The purpose is to supply heat to the heater core before the thermostat opens. It is not realy needed in warm areas of the country or on summer use cars. You can just cap it off or remove the nipple and tap the hole for a plug in the water pump.

3483x2

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
models916: You have a good point!
I should have qualified in my earlier message that I'm a "purist" kinda guy @ heart and it was in respect to installing for originality. I didn't mean to freak anyone out. If I did, I'll take my lumps as a newbie: :takethat