4.10 Gears

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Got the rear apart and the gears look new !!! I will have these gears on my shelf if anyone is interested !!

Very interesting guy doing the new gear set-up. Long time hot-rodder with a few COOL cars in various degrees of finish.
He has a `40 Chev coupe that hes doing a chop and shortening on. Taking 10" out of the doors front to back. Going to have open front wheels and have that salt flat racer look to it. Very cool !!
An Early Dorf SW (`62?) that
has been turned into a two door hardtop SW!
Also has a `37 Chev coupe that he had in high school. It was
being stored at his best friends house along with his `57 Belair while he was off at college and his friend sold them both and all his tools !!
Twenty years later he went to the coast to buy a `37 Chevy which turned out to be his car !!! All there and only the engine had been changed. He knew the guy didn`t know it was stolen so he paid the guy for it and wrote it off as twenty years of storage ! He figured there was no way he could have kept it in that good of condition for that long. Even had the original rolled seat !! So he was extremly happy to just get it back !!
He can tell lots of good stories and you sure can`t be in a hurry to leave.
He also has a large colection of original Torq Thrust wheels in every size you can think of ! 16" wheels on the back of his coupe !! Had 85 at one time,,,
OPPS,,,now I`m talking as much as he did !! LOL
Anyway if you are interested in the 4.10`s let me know,,,,dq

SteveD409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Sorry, I figured that but wasn't sure since they are usually refered to as 4.11 gears in our cases, 4.10's in 10 and 12 bolts.

SteveD