4-21

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
The Union Park FX/A Tempest was sold to a long time Pontiac racer here and he later sold it to someone near here and several folks have told me it eventually went to the scrap crusher. I always wondered if that was true but now 63 dream’n has it in his driveway !
Robert

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
The Union Park FX/A Tempest was sold to a long time Pontiac racer here and he later sold it to someone near here and several folks have told me it eventually went to the scrap crusher. I always wondered if that was true but now 63 dream’n has it in his driveway !
Robert
It was quite comical reading that ........ unfortunately for me that is not my driveway and that is not my tempest but undoubtedly is one fantastically beautiful car love the tail light treatment very different but equally as beautiful as the 59 Chevy

rsavage

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
It was a lot of work making those early Tempests go fast as they were built with "rope" fiberglass drive shafts and a transaxle. Complicating matters was the fact that it was a unibody with no frame to hang a conventional rear axle or crossmember. Buick and Olds built their little cars with conventional drive trains- Not one of Pontiac's better ideas. However, their use of one block architecture for just about all displacement engines was genius.