40 deluxe sedan with 348 - project

neilswheels

Well Known Member
I used to have a post on here about my little project, but looks like it got 'lost' in the site face lift, so here's a recap and update.

I bought a 40 Ford Deluxe Tudor Sedan about 8 years ago with the intention of adventually getting a W motor i it, but started off just getting it running, lowering it and fixing some floor rust. Well, one thing leads to another, and via this Forum i purchased a rebuilt 58 348 tripower motor. I was still looking at just getting the Flattie going and driving my 40, and although i made small steps forward, the progress has been slow to say the least.
So, about a month ago, after not touching the 40 for a couple of years, i've deided to farm it out, i'd rather have some one else finish it and I can drive it, than have it sitting there going no where while I try to find the time to do it myself.
As part of this, it's going to get the 348 fitted with a Chevy 5 speed manual box.
I have a couple of questions, can i use a smallblock starter motor? What headers are available? I've looked at sanderson , can only see block huggers or very expensive 'fenderwell' type, anything else out there? I read that someone was modifying small block headers using W laser cut flanges, anyone know anymore about this? Can I use a small block clutch throughout arm? Any other info appreciated. here's a pic of how it is currently.

Attachments

• Photo0054.jpg
    Photo0054.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Ron 4.JPG
    Ron 4.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 5