409 blower intake

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
I know Don, things change. For a mild 380 inch street motor, with truck heads, that idles at 850 and makes 550 horse how could anybody be disappointed? I am amazed how well this motor runs. It was run on 110 fuel and 34 degrees timing. I believe this motor would be happy at 30 degrees and 93 pump gas as well. We may find out what it does in my impala. Time will tell.

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Well, we just got home. The results...............552 horse 5900 rpm and 534 torque 4400. I am very pleased. It ran smooth as silk. We made absolutely no adjustments to anything on the engine. Fuel was right on the money, and timing was where they wanted it. I asked what they would want to change, and they said not a f ing thing. They figured maybe 5-10 horse may be found with a bunch of testing, but that small increase is not worth the effort in my book. We made 5 pulls and we were done. Jason, if you could post your videos that would be great. Thanks for the encouragement fellas.
Better put a raw egg under the loud pedal if you want to stay in the 10's!! Nice work!!

Lonnie

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Thanks guys, here are a few charts from the dyno run. Not sure they will be clear enough, but I'll try.

303Radar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Out of curiosity, at what rpm would you shift? I can't imagine there is a bad point to shift at. :dunno

303Radar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Looking at those dyno numbers with less compression makes me wonder about what my build will look like and if I'll overshoot street-ability.
Guess I'll have to find out when I get there.

Nice job Brian!