409 blower intake

63impalass409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
6 71 blowers are fun, I built a 396 with a Weiend 6 71 for my 62 impala I had before my oldest son talked me out of the car. No he didn't get the motor I traded the short block for a ton of 348 stuff and sold the world products heads and blower , kicking myself in the ass now but my son loves the 62

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Does he cut/weld an exisiting intake such as the offy dual quad, or does he make the whole thing from sheet?

32chevy348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I'm with dakota tom 32 chevy coupe. There's one on E-Bay 471 for 348 intake and idle pulley.Its a vintage Cragar.

Last edited:

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
I am gonna bite the bullet for some Ross. Will be shooting for 8.5 compression. I could probably do a little more, but I want an easy tuning, street motor. Hope I can get 500 horse out of this little 380 on 6 pounds of boost. Have not heard back yet on the 56.

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
2.250 intake, 1.88 for exhaust. Port work for sure. Camshaft is still up for debate.

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Looks like I will be getting some 333 heads after all. The 702 heads have real small ports and hardened seats. Will a 2.250 1.88 fit in a 333? Will they even clear the bore of a 348? I guess we will find out soon enough.

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Jason, I would love to follow your recipe for a motor. I just don't want something that won't run on pump gas, or is a tuning nightmare. Boost has me a little on edge as I have never built or tuned a boosted motor.