409 Harmonic balancer numbers

super sport

Well Known Member
what are the correct numbers and size dementions for the 409/425 hp balancer and the 400 hp balancer. Also , does anyone have pictures of them if so please post them so i can see the differences , I looked on the refference site on this website but no info on the balancers . please help thankyou . :dunno :dunno

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
There's a proper high perf. ballancer on the engine I just got. They do look a bit different and I think they are about 7" in diameter. I'll try and get a photo and an accurate measurement tomorow.

mpris

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Attached in a picture of a 64 409/425 balancer.

Poocho

Attachments

• 64-409-425.jpg
    64-409-425.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 83

super sport

Well Known Member
mpris , the reason im wanting to know what the numbers are, is that there is a balancer on ebay and i emailed them to ask what the demention were and they replied that the balancer box said it was a 5 1/2 inch and that the numbers 3796769 are correct for the high performance 409. are these the numbers on your balancer.

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Here's a photo of the high perf 409 damper. It's 7" in diameter and it has a distinctive look, the Y shaped part in the centre sticks out just a bit.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 67
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 64

mpris

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I believe the number on the back of the balancer should be 3829024. This would be stamped into the back of the balancer.

Poocho

SteveD409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I have heard that there is a standard 350 7 inch balancers that are the same only timing mark is in the wrong place. Been told there actually people who would turn these down, cut a new mark and sell them as original 409 stuff!

SteveD

bobs409

Administrator
SteveD409 said:
I have heard that there is a standard 350 7 inch balancers that are the same only timing mark is in the wrong place. Been told there actually people who would turn these down, cut a new mark and sell them as original 409 stuff!

SteveD

In this world, I'm a believer! :grumble: :nono1: