409 headers for dragster

Howard Hull

Well Known Member
I am rebuilding Ford 97s for the 8 carb manifold I am building . I just bought an ultrasonic cleaner. As you can see the carb on the right looks better . After two 15 minute session in the ultrasonic cleaner. And the brown solution is after 15 minutes of rusty carburetor screws in cleaner, the green color is what it looks like at first

Attachments

• IMG_0003.jpeg
    IMG_0003.jpeg
    113.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0004.jpeg
    IMG_0004.jpeg
    68.6 KB · Views: 25

Howard Hull

Well Known Member
Here is the new linkage. Now the shaft is 3/8”. Made all new linkage arms and new ball bearings. This should work very smooth with eight carburetors. Still don’t have the new 8 carb manifold back . But busy rebuilding Stromberg 97s. Bought another 1/2 dozen and going to use the best one’s.

Attachments

• IMG_9971.jpeg
    IMG_9971.jpeg
    85 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_9972.jpeg
    IMG_9972.jpeg
    87.2 KB · Views: 20

409Kid

Well Known Member
Cool project you’ve got there.

I made a set of 2” dragster zoomies for my nostalgia 23T altered back in the ‘80s to go on my Algon injected motor. Still have both. But sold the car years ago. I used my bench vise to square up the ends to stuff them in the flanges.

Howard Hull

Well Known Member
Yes, a bench vise sounds like a clever way to square up an exhaust port. Is the injection for a 409? I would lie to try your Algon injection.
Howard