409 High HP 2x4 Intake Coming soon Plus Z-11

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Looking for consensus on whether the new intake should have the bypass and heater port threads installed. I was thinking not since this intake will be used for racing primarily.

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Looking for consensus on whether the new intake should have the bypass and heater port threads installed. I was thinking not since this intake will be used for racing primarily.

Will it still be made with a blower top available..?,street guys might want it......small percentage:dunno????

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I for one wouldn't need them drilled/tapped, but I bet most guys would want them done. I know that there used to be several different tops made in the past but as basic of a design as the top would be - I think that I would start with just the dual quad 4150/AFB style top since anyone wanting something unusual could whip one up easy enough on their own. :dunno

BubbletopMan

Well Known Member
Drill em, Brian. It's been my experience it's better to have and not need than to need and not have. Plus, all one would need is a couple of pipe plugs to seal them off. Also, could there be a possibility of adding bungs at the rear of the manifold for water? I don't ask this for pumping water out of the rear of the block, but more for having multiple points for a temperature gauge or electric fan switch. I've run one of these manifolds on the street since 2001, and I had to get "creative" plumbing in both a mechanical temperature gauge and an electric fan thermostat switch and still retain the water pump bypass and heater hose.

Jeremy

409Rob

We are working at it.. couple of teasers for you guys

20583210436_9531a239a9_c.jpg

And what could this possibly be?? ;)
20609582685_9fb651b0e5_c.jpg

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
:welcome2 Welcome Rob. Nice first post. Cool to see an 18 year old with interest in these. Are you a friend/relative of Brian's? McQuillen's Machine shop employee?

409Rob

Jason,

No ETA at this time but we are pretty close to having the 690 Intakes available, Z-11 parts will not be too far behind.

We know you guys have had some interesting experiences :rolleyes in the past regarding promised delivery dates and preorders so we decided to keep these parts low key until they are completed and on our shelf.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Speaking of intakes, I need to find one for my build. Dual quad of course. I have this lame brand new holley 1050cfm in its box. Never been mounted but it needs a new home so I can make room for a Dual quad set up.