409 High HP 2x4 Intake Coming soon Plus Z-11

409Rob

Just a quick update for you guys...
We have finished machining all of the tops and the first intake is setup in the cnc machine. We will begin machining them on Monday. For any of you guys looking to purchase one of our new intakes, we have created an informal order form on our website, I will post a link below. It would be helpful to us if you guys could fill out this form for organizing purposes on our end. We will contact you for payment and shipping arrangements as soon as we have product on the shelf ready to ship.

Thank you for your patience.

Merry Christmas!!

Rob McQuillen
http://www.mcquilleneng.com/chevrolet-409-products

Last edited:

BubbletopMan

Well Known Member
I got mine to fit, after I machined an extra .250" off of the top plate. That opened up another can of worms with that recess in between the carbs. I also had to get creative with the air cleaner I picked.

BubbletopMan

Well Known Member
I'll try to get a better one this weekend. Everything I have is focused on something else in the engine bay and not the intake.

Jeremy

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
Looks like a nice piece and good workmanship. Hat's off to you for it.

One question- runners look pretty short- that way to keep low for hood clearance? Seems longer ones-maybe not as long as some tunnel ram manifolds- would be a little better for torque curve using Pipemax or other programming for design.

409Rob

You are absolutely correct, the runners are the maximum length to allow this manifold to fit under a stock hood with some work. We have seen some significant performance gains over the stock intake even with these shorter than optimal runners. If the market was there, we could produce a taller version with optimized runners (several inches taller) but this would require hood modification-- what do you think?

Another sneak peek
24625425601_d32af8d2d5_n.jpg

Last edited:

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
I think that we need a single plane,single carb.intake for both large and small port heads.Why should the twin carb guys have all the fun?

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
You are absolutely correct, the runners are the maximum length to allow this manifold to fit under a stock hood with some work. We have seen some significant performance gains over the stock intake even with these shorter than optimal runners. If the market was there, we could produce a taller version with optimized runners (several inches taller) but this would require hood modification-- what do you think?

Another sneak peek
24625425601_d32af8d2d5_n.jpg

Would love to have the optimised length runner tunnel ram............velocity stacks through the hood on a 409.........SALUTE