409 Identification Help

There is a 409 engine currently on eBay (https://www.ebay.com/itm/202271259089?ul_noapp=true) that I'm having trouble fixing it's identity.
I was contemplating purchasing this engine to put in a tri-five Chevy 3100 truck.
Is it likely that this engine has the dreaded cylinder cuts for a lower compression truck engine?

The block is listed as 3857656, which could be either car or truck according to info I've found
The heads are listed as 3819333 which I find to be truck heads
The exhaust manifold is listed as 3767583 which is a car mainifod.
The dipstick is definitely on the right side of the engine.
The photos show a bell housing that looks like it might have been from a large industrial truck.

Any help in identifying if this were actually a car engine would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul_F

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
:welcome2It's a truck motor."Dreaded" notch??? Who've you been talking to? Somebody's been giving you bad information,there's been discussions that the notch is actually benefical to the exhaust flow,resulting in more power.It depends on what your future build plans are.That said,IMO,thats too much for an engine that you'll only use the block,crank[unless stroker],the tin[pan,t/cover/v/covers],and maybe the heads,Paul In short,don't dismiss a truck block.The notch lowers the compression only about .7 on a stock stroke 09.If you want,and it's to be a rowdy street/street strip type engine,just order 11-1 pistons for a car block.Yellow Wagon[Jason] did a 409 truck motor for his 64 Biscut,made 470 plus hp by 6,000,AND this was on home ported 333 truck heads.His compression came out at 10.25-1,runs great on pump gas.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Isn't the "notch" concern is if it has the double notch? Won't know without taking it apart. Too much money for that.
What's a tri-five truck? Second series 3100 ran from 1955-1959 nothing tri about that(5 year run) Cars are Tri-5's (55-57) not trucks.