409 intake breather tube

ketters55

I know someone can answer this question cuz you guys have been a lot of help in the past so THANKS IN ADVANCE. Do i need to use the breather tube on the back of the 409 truck motor i'm building or can i just vent the engine thru the oil filler tube? Once again thanks for any info.

Ketters 55:cheers

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
You need to have air moving through the engine to keep the oil mist and blowby impurities from collecting inside the engine. A stock type draft tube off the back of the manifold or a PCV in place of the tube is recomended in addition to the mentioned oil breather type cap.

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
ketters55,,,,,,, You definetly need to use the manifold vent , either a road draft tube or pcv system. The oil filler tube is not enough. Most of the members use a pcv system and is easy to hook up.

ketters55

fatride said:
You need to have air moving through the engine to keep the oil mist and blowby impurities from collecting inside the engine. A stock type draft tube off the back of the manifold or a PCV in place of the tube is recomended in addition to the mentioned oil breather type cap.

Fatride do i run the pcv system to the carb base?? ........I'm running 3x2s and don't remember if there is a port on the center carb base??? Thanks Again.