409 parts for sale

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
I get it that it's a big hassle to box up large items like heads and cranks and it costs a lot to ship stuff as well.

Just today I boxed up a 5 foot trim panel that was 60" by 12" by 6" and weighing maybe 5-10 pounds and it cost over $50 not including insurance :(.

That said, there are plenty of parts "out there" you just have to locate them and in my case, zip out there to be first in line to make a cash offer. Can't tell you how many times I've come home disappointed...

Congrats to Charlie for at least trying to find new homes for these parts :).

TomK

Tim

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I get it that it's a big hassle to box up large items like heads and cranks and it costs a lot to ship stuff as well.

Just today I boxed up a 5 foot trim panel that was 60" by 12" by 6" and weighing maybe 5-10 pounds and it cost over $50 not including insurance :(.

That said, there are plenty of parts "out there" you just have to locate them and in my case, zip out there to be first in line to make a cash offer. Can't tell you how many times I've come home disappointed...

Congrats to Charlie for at least trying to find new homes for these parts :).

TomK
Like you Tom, I thank Charlie for posting what he had. For myself and Don here in NS I know I’m always watching what’s for sale in case I see something I might need. Unfortunately for us it’s hard to get things and always have to rely on getting things we need from you guys in the US. Whether we see it for sale or ask because we need it, it will always be a hassle because of where we live. I have bought a number of things so far and certainly thank everybody for their efforts packing things up for me. Sorry Charlie for being a bit harsh. It’s just so hard to get things here.

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Like you Tom, I thank Charlie for posting what he had. For myself and Don here in NS I know I’m always watching what’s for sale in case I see something I might need. Unfortunately for us it’s hard to get things and always have to rely on getting things we need from you guys in the US. Whether we see it for sale or ask because we need it, it will always be a hassle because of where we live. I have bought a number of things so far and certainly thank everybody for their efforts packing things up for me. Sorry Charlie for being a bit harsh. It’s just so hard to get things here.
Same deal here Tim,

Cost is one thing we live with here
Its another to actually find the part you need and be able to get some one on the other side of the world ship it to you

Steve

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
It does seem unfair that we have better access to these old parts and you guys have to go through all those hoops just to get some 60 year old iron :(.

It's not like we're tripping over parts, but they are out there within driving distance of most folk.

I salute those who have the means and the connections to ship overseas in support of their hobbies!

TomK

charlie rogers

Well Known Member
This post irks me. Post some parts for good prices but no location, then 48 hours later they’re at the bottom of a scrap pile when you coulda made a couple bucks. Ah well. Life goes on. Another pair of 333’s gonna get melted down into a Chinese I-beam.
really,,, c,mon I know you can work the 333 to be a decent head but by the time your done you would have $ 1200-1500 in them. at that point why not put a good set of heads on you engine? it was not about selling to make a couple bucks, just thought that whoever was on the forum at the time might need them. and lets not get started with all the messages you get with "can you tell me how much it is to ship to, ohhh that's at to much" lol. sorry I irked you.
Charlie,,,

benchseat4speed

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Just giving you a hard time. 48 days and no takers, fine. 48 hours (on a 409 board no less) no takers, scrap.:laugh

I really don’t care one way or another though. I see where you’re coming from for the most part.

I have about 800 bucks into my 817’s to rebuild em. Screw in studs, the whole 9. Aluminum heads are 1700+ more than that. 333’s have proven they’ll support damn near 500 horses, for 100 bucks a pair (if they hadn’t gone to scrap :poke) that’s a good deal for someone. Your prices on all that stuff were very, very reasonable. I thought so anyway.

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Kevin, I don't think the Chinese I beams are made from melted down 333's, they're more than likely made from melted down bean cans LOL.

As Steve said above, us poor really Southern folks have a real hard time finding even the basic stuff, with blocks, heads etc the cost of the part bears no resemblance to the freight involved, I have got some stuff from members on this forum, this has been from tins, interior parts, engine parts, engines and even 1 car, and I owe a depth of gratitude for the guys being helpful with their time and effort in packing and making the shipping relatively easy, I truly thank them all for their patience.

So how hard can it be if you are in the same country and are only bound by roads.

hey guys, cleaning up garage and thought it is time to move some stuff along. all parts are from same 1965 6200 original mile truck engine. when I tore it down it was like new!
1 set of gm 409 cylinder head bolts $50
1 set {pair} 409 333 truck heads $100
1 set {8} gm 409 rods with pistons {pistons show virtually no wear!} $125
1 gm 409 crankshaft std/std does not need to be cut. does not even need to be polished its that nice! $375
PLUS SHIPPING! you will pay actual I will not add anything to it.

Charlie,,,
Ill take the crank if its still available