409-Powered 1961 Chevrolet Bel Air 2-Door Sedan 4-Speed on BaT

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1...e=dm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2020-04-22

409-Powered 1961 Chevrolet Bel Air 2-Door Sedan 4-Speed for sale on BaT Auctions - ending April 28 (Lot #30,700) | Bring a Trailer

This 1961 Chevrolet Bel Air two-door sedan was acquired by the seller three years ago from the previous owner, who reportedly sourced the car out of South Carolina and modified it with a rebuilt 409ci V8 paired with a four-speed Muncie manual transmission and a 3.73:1 Positraction rear end.
bringatrailer.com

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
A freind of mine has this 61 for sale. I think he wants 35k. I've never looked the car over closely but I think it is a pretty nice car. its a 65 409 dressed up to look like a 61 View attachment 81481 View attachment 81482
Why is the trim tag mounted vertical on the firewall?
If you had power steer on one of these did the generator still use the same brackets as on this car?

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Steve, the power steering uses a short belt that runs directly off the crank pulley.
Re the firewall tag I think it depends on the plant it was built, notice no windshield washer container.

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Sorry, I just saw this. The car is located just outside Richmond, Va. About 5 miles from me. The guy that owns it is a friend of mine. He sold the car some years ago to Rick Hendrick, Hendricks crew did a restoration on the car after which my friend bought it back. I think he is like a lot of us, has too many cars and wants to thin out some.
As for the vertical tag, I hadnt even noticed it but I have owned SL built cars from 61 that had vertical tags