409-Powered 1961 Chevrolet Bel Air 2-Door Sedan 4-Speed on BaT

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1...e=dm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2020-04-22

409-Powered 1961 Chevrolet Bel Air 2-Door Sedan 4-Speed for sale on BaT Auctions - ending April 28 (Lot #30,700) | Bring a Trailer

This 1961 Chevrolet Bel Air two-door sedan was acquired by the seller three years ago from the previous owner, who reportedly sourced the car out of South Carolina and modified it with a rebuilt 409ci V8 paired with a four-speed Muncie manual transmission and a 3.73:1 Positraction rear end.
bringatrailer.com

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Steve, the power steering uses a short belt that runs directly off the crank pulley.
Re the firewall tag I think it depends on the plant it was built, notice no windshield washer container.

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Sorry, I just saw this. The car is located just outside Richmond, Va. About 5 miles from me. The guy that owns it is a friend of mine. He sold the car some years ago to Rick Hendrick, Hendricks crew did a restoration on the car after which my friend bought it back. I think he is like a lot of us, has too many cars and wants to thin out some.
As for the vertical tag, I hadnt even noticed it but I have owned SL built cars from 61 that had vertical tags