409 races in 2019

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Looks like dragway 42 is in the running for one. If no one steps up to the plate I may call Thompson Raceway Park and feel them out. I really enjoyed that place, not the management, the track.

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
How about everyone who is interested in attending an event post with their city and state. That way we can see what venues would be within range and go from there. I am pretty sure I could get something on the schedule at Great Lakes Dragaway and likely free entry for the car and one crew member and camping is free. Depends on how many people plan to go. Any purse would come from us chipping into a pot. :dunno

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
What Dan said. Seems as there are lots of good tracks to race at. Every one will have different logistics to contend with and time constraints. There won't be one big event but I'd think there could be 3 or 4 events with 12-15 W's attending. I'd like to make 3 .

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Great Bend is about 85 miles from the center of the nation.
Don lives there.....

Last edited:

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
Well since I am rebuilding my engine & plan to race next season I will put in my comments. First of all everyplace is difficult to get to from Utah, some easier than others. It is even difficult for me to travel to Eureka for our West Coast Shootout because of the crappy roads. But that doesn't stop me because racing with the group is a fantastic time and always enjoyable. I enjoyed Great Bend & it was a pretty easy trip. Thompson was a long haul & expensive roads & not treated well. Great Lakes was good & also not too difficult to get to. Earlville in Iowa is a great place & easy trip. I agree with Dave that maybe a few events would be good or a 15 year reunion & to try to get everyone to participate. It will be difficult to get some of the west coast people east again. But whatever is decided I will try to participate. Have a great off season & hopefully see you all in 2019.:D

Dean's 61 bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I live in Topeka, ks. home of Heartland Park... maybe there is a possiblity of using this facility. The new owners having been utilizing it more.Probably to expensive for just a 409 event. Don't know that the track has ever been approached about some kind of hotrod reunion.

Last edited:

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
OK......when Dennis, Bob and I were visiting with the famous car collector Russ.....he said he would like to see all the existing Z-11s at a gathering. I said give me 15K and I will get started. At one time I remember that 15 were still around. Russ said why 15K?? I said we would have to pay each owner 1K for travel expenses to bring the cars. Then we would need money for facilities and all the other stuff. Since Doug Marion is not any longer with a car magazine....I've lost my publicity person. And if we did...there would have to be a building that could house all those cars. And it should be at a drag strip.
Candy will say I am not offering to do this if she knew I was posting this!!!!!

Mark Steele

Well Known Member
Hey my friends, about the $1000 for Z-11s, it cost me just as much money to pull my "Golden Girl" as it costs to pull a Z-11. I suggest you rethink that. I haven't seen a Z-11 racing with us in the modern era. Mark

BRYAN FUGATE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Just talked with don Moyer ( rebel reaper driver and organizer for rock n race at 42) we have our 348/409 race at dragway 42 event I will post dates and details when I’m home from hunting. This ones going to be big and I’ve got sponsors for our prize money and trophies great facility and lots of runs ask anybody that was there last year and they loved us

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Just talked with don Moyer ( rebel reaper driver and organizer for rock n race at 42) we have our 348/409 race at dragway 42 event I will post dates and details when I’m home from hunting. This ones going to be big and I’ve got sponsors for our prize money and trophies great facility and lots of runs ask anybody that was there last year and they loved us
According to the Rock N Race Facebook page, next years show is August 22-25...:guitar https://m.facebook.com/events/261802297830029/?ti=ia

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
That is not a good time for me. We are organizing a West Coast Shootout during the same time frame. I would love to come east for the event but would not be able to make it if that is the time frame. Is there any other dates available?