409 Rear Engine Dragster racing video

Tony Salins

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
We noticed all of our northern friends have been snowed in into the Spring this year. Thought we would share some of the beautiful Oklahoma weather with all of you. We've been doing some test and tune for the last 3 weeks and had a chance to compete Saturday in the first CDRA (Central Drag Race Association) points race of 2008 at Thunder Valley in Noble, OK. Made a torque converter change this year which proved to be a big improvement in the car's performance. CDRA races 1/8th mile. The 1st two runs are time trials and the third one is the first round of eliminations. This was the fastest the car has ever gone - 5.99 @ 113.10 mph. :bow

Unfortunately, the adrenalin must have been too much because in the first round of eliminations, we went red by -.012 but the car ran another 5.99. :dunno
This still put a smile on ours faces:cheers :cheers

Hope you all enjoy the video.

Tony and Bonnie

To see the video, click on the link:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Tony-

Send me the link to the video, ot the video itself, and I will see what I can do.

Check your PM for the email address.

Brian

Tony Salins

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
409 rear engine dragster video

Thanks to Brian Thompson, we can share a video of several of our runs last weekend at Thunder Valley Dragstrip in Noble, OK. Hope you all enjoy it. Thanks again, Brian.:bow :bow

Click on the above link to see the video:clap :clap

Tony and Bonnie

oil4kids

Well Known Member
very nice Tony!!!

if i find another 348 i may build a twin front engine dragster like the old Freight Train which used 2 small blocks

Attachments

• reardrag.jpg
    reardrag.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 38