41st Chev Nationals QLD Australia

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Just seeing if any other Aussie guys are heading to Warwick QLD.
I have entered and taking the 61 for a leisurely stroll from Adelaide, only 1125 miles there and 1125 miles back.
Should take about 2 full days there and back, will only be driving during daylight hours, too many Roos, cows and emu's in between.

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Arrived home safe and sound after a 12 1/2 hour drive from Warwick, Queensland to Griffith, NSW yesterday, with a 8 1/2 hour drive today from Griffith to home.
Things we encountered along the way, cattle on the road, sheep on the road, a few kangaroos, emus, Galahs (type of parrot), Major Mitchell Cockatoos ( never seen them before in the wild), Echidnas, Wedge Tail Eagles, literally hundreds of dead kangaroos, luckily none by us.
Car related issues, used no oil, no loss of any fluids at all, no flat tyres, lost the speedo drive gear at the trans, had to convert to using the app in my cell phone, funny thing my speedo was reading 12% slow, I think I broke my left hand front shock. After driving the first 12 hours the car started to run a bit fluffy (rich) got to Warwick and put some hotter plugs in, went from a NGK BP5ES to a BP7ES, car ran real good for about an hour, and then really bad, rich as rich for the next 100 miles, cleaned up the original plugs put them back in for the trip home and after about 3 hours they cleaned up and it ran smooth for the rest of the trip, I think I got some shit in the rear carb needle and seat and it was flooding the back carb.
We traveled approx 2500 miles in total. Had a great time and saw some really nice Chevs, met some good people, saw great scenery and overall had a great trip.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Did NGK change their rating system? It was ,for many years,that the heat range on NGK got colder as the numbers got higher.:dunno