44 Years Ago Today

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Where did you rent that Tux. :crazy Happy 44th, Dave. :cheers

Shan It was all I could afford. I had 2 year old Harley and was driving a 1960 Buick more door hardtop that I had paid $125 for. I had money borrowed to build the stroker motor in the Harley. The motor was rattling like crap in the Buick when I bought it when I was single, sounded like something in the top end. I took my stethoscope (BF screwdriver)and isolated the side where the noise was coming from. Pulled the valve cover, things looked a little dry, so I pulled the rocker arm assy off. Unplugged the oil feed hole, put it back together and she ran like a Singer...............:winner:winner:winner:crazy:crazy:crazy:crazyThe shift lever was broke off the column. Got drunk one night and slammed her in park a little hard in my single days. On our first date I was going to take Mary to a half mile flat track motorcycle race 30 miles away on my Harley. Some of us guys were riding around in the afternoon and I blew a head gasket, so I had to take her in the Buick. I think I impressed her when I threw all the empty beer cans into the back seat to make room for her..................

Last edited:

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Where did you meet her???:dunnoShe didn't happen to cut your hair by chance is what i meant before you were married ????

We were just talking about this tonight when we went out to eat. To tell you the truth Don, my girlfriend at the time was getting her hair done by Mary. Mary had left her Canadian husband over a year before I met her and moved back to her home town. I met her in the Tip Top Tavern after Mary and her gal friend had been to a volleyball league. She said this was the first time she had been out since moving back home. How she ever ran into me in a bar in 1971 is beyond me. :winner:winner:winner:crazy:crazy:crazy:crazy:crazy:crazySix months later we were married.

Congratulations Dave! That lady is a fox!!

Thanks Dick, another story to bore folks with. The summer after we were married I was in town picking up some parts.............something at work broke down....as usual. I came around the corner by the hardware store and about a half a block away this gorgeous gal is walking up the street............DAMNED IF IT WASN'T MY WIFE.............I WILL NEVER FORGET THAT. We've had good times and bad times, but the only reason our marriage survived is our love and faithfulness to each other. I am a very fortunate man.

Last edited:

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Hey Dave, was that Don Nicholson, standing behind you, in the picture?:dunno:rolleyes Probably not, but it does look like him.:clap

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Richard Pence. The JP was Glenn Powers and we had to use his wife for a witness....her name was Clarissa. Don't understand how I remember this stuff...can't remember anything else.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Hey Dave ,, you said she robbed the cradle. Are you saying you are younger than Mary?:rub

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Yep. We were born in the same hospital. I was born a month later. Of course I don't give her the business about it.....

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
View attachment 42804

We got hitched at the Justice of the Peace. 25 below zero that day............I got the best end of the deal.....:)and she robbed the cradle. Went on a honeymoon we couldn't afford, to Dubuque Iowa, about 100 miles away. Stayed Saturday and Sunday night and went back home Monday, back to work Tuesday.

Dave,
My parents got married same day 6 years earlier
6 months before i was hatched.
Just had their 50th anniversary down home in Invercargill last weekend
I cant figure out if they got married because Mums dad was a cop or not
They recon i was premature, 3 months yeah right.....;) at 8lb 11oz, if i had of gone full term i would have been your size:D

Congratulations on your anniversary

Steve

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Dave,
My parents got married same day 6 years earlier
6 months before i was hatched.
Just had their 50th anniversary down home in Invercargill last weekend
I cant figure out if they got married because Mums dad was a cop or not
They recon i was premature, 3 months yeah right.....;) at 8lb 11oz, if i had of gone full term i would have been your size:D

Congratulations on your anniversary

Steve

Steve

Cuz you are so full of $hit makes me want to take you up on the bunny hunting, and maybe try harder to qualify in my shooting sport to come visit you in 2017 for the World Team Competition. You evidently were born at a very early age..........

Someone sent me a chart on the internet one time. You clicked in your birth date and this program calculated your conception date, mine was NEW YEARS EVE............................Your 8lb 11oz was a runt at my house, i was 10# 8 oz................

Due to the fact your folks have the same anniversary as Mary and I, and we were both born sometime, we could have a good time.............:winner:winner