471 on 348?

neilswheels

Well Known Member
I've been thinking about this for a while, and now a 471 is up for grabs. Would this combo be viable? Obvious issue is the manifold, my engine is a late 58, so heads are the later design, but I was thinking I would need to modify an ally manifold, but from what I can tell, the runners on aftermarket manifolds wont match my heads, and I cant bolt aftermarket alli heads on my 58 block, so is this dead in the water before it starts??

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Don Hampton made my 6-71 intake for low performance heads. I also bought all my front drive stuff from him. It all bolted right up. The only thing that needed work was machining the intake flanges paralell and matching the angle to my heads. Not a biggie. Also, watch the distributor depth so it does not bottom out in the oil pump. I had to run a shim under the distributor for some extra clearance. Other than that, it’s not too bad. I run two edelbrock 600 carbs set up from allstate carbs in New York. On the dyno they were perfect right out of the box.

neilswheels

Well Known Member
Well I was too late, it’s sold, but given my recent discovery, it looks like I’ll need the money elsewhere..

Attachments

• 6339C6FF-0697-4504-868B-D7CA762AF983.jpeg
    6339C6FF-0697-4504-868B-D7CA762AF983.jpeg
    86.9 KB · Views: 36